Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of these following campgrounds has the best facilities? I am planning a college mountain bike trip to bootleg and cottonwood and we will be tenting. These are the campsites that I have found so far. Which of these is the better campground? All of then have showers, but dont specify if they are hot. The roomier and spaced out the sites the better. Thanks!

-Callville Bay Campground Boulder City
-Cottonwood Cove Resort and Campground Boulder City
-Lake Mead National Recreation Area Boulder City

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know much about the campsites around the lake as I always went backcountry camping. If you have the time though make the trip out to valley of fire, it's killer out there. They have a campsite with solar showers too.

(Lived in Vegas for 13 years) ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
lake mead is the closest to bootleg. cottonwood is about 45 mins from the trails. the campgrounds at the lake are pretty decent. i think you can camp at the trails for that matter, not sure if bootleg has a shower at the restrooms. definately a bit cooler down by the lake.

·
Prone To Internet Drama
238 Posts
mkennedy said:
lake mead is the closest to bootleg. cottonwood is about 45 mins from the trails. the campgrounds at the lake are pretty decent. i think you can camp at the trails for that matter, not sure if bootleg has a shower at the restrooms. definately a bit cooler down by the lake.
The only decent campground is the one closest to BC, I think its Calville Bay. The other at the west side of the lake are abandoned, as the water does'nt go up that far anymore. I camped at the one by BC a while ago, while it was not my idea of "good camping' it was a decent campground. Personally I would look for a cheap motel in BC, b/c it's going to be cold and miserable camping out there this time of year... not much fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.