Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
emteebee
Joined
·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have done so much googling I figured some of you would know better than me where to camp.

Tahoe is too far and I wanna stick to some lower elevation.

I'm in Valley Springs and would like to head out towards jackson or past it.

I wanna camp in a tent and have biking trails accessible 5-10 minute drive.

Definately am looking for cool temperatures.

Also looking for a town to be close by to explore and have stuff to do when we are not biking.
 

·
pedal pusher
Joined
·
2,234 Posts
My suggestion, drive a bit further and go to the coast. There is camping at several beaches along the coast, and plenty of riding as well. A little more then 5 to 10 minutes to the trails but well worth it.

Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts
speaking of SC...

we visit a lot with inlaws in monterey but I would like to take the family to a campground there. Any suggestions for a place for two very little kids and a mom who would much rather have a shower and running water than a shovel and a creek?
 

·
pedal pusher
Joined
·
2,234 Posts
BrandonMiller said:
speaking of SC...

we visit a lot with inlaws in monterey but I would like to take the family to a campground there. Any suggestions for a place for two very little kids and a mom who would much rather have a shower and running water than a shovel and a creek?
Then you will prolly want a State Beach, Sunset or Seacliff I think are 2 of them. Maybe someone who knows better then me can chime in here.

Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Bear Valley / Lake Alpine area on Hwy 4 more single track than you can imagine and plenty of camping. As far as fun stuff to do that depends on what you call fun.
 

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
Joined
·
5,496 Posts
I'll second the Bear Valley Suggestion.

Headshok_1 said:
Bear Valley / Lake Alpine area on Hwy 4 more single track than you can imagine and plenty of camping. As far as fun stuff to do that depends on what you call fun.
Lots of good stuff at BV for darn near any level rider. A couple more weeks of exploring up 108 and I'll probably start working BV. Although I heard there was still snow up there recently. The last couple weeks of HOT probably took care of that.

I don't know that there is a lot of good stuff near Jackson. I tried finding things up there with no luck. There is a bit near Georgetown but most of it is local knowledge only. Silver Lake area has some great trails but there is a TON of climbing and it's all high elevation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
What kind of riding are you looking for??
 

·
Recreational Terrorist
Joined
·
425 Posts
0gre said:
Lots of good stuff at BV for darn near any level rider. A couple more weeks of exploring up 108 and I'll probably start working BV. Although I heard there was still snow up there recently. The last couple weeks of HOT probably took care of that.

I don't know that there is a lot of good stuff near Jackson. I tried finding things up there with no luck. There is a bit near Georgetown but most of it is local knowledge only. Silver Lake area has some great trails but there is a TON of climbing and it's all high elevation.
Is there a bike shop in the area that is willing to share trail info?

That area is prime for camp/bike trips.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
head 45 min west to mt tam or point reyes theres some cool riding especially at point reyes you will do some climbing but its near the ocean and thats really the only cool areas youll get this time of year unless you get up real early oh to make it in 45 min. you gotta drive kinda fast and leave early but its closer than santa cruz good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts
your not going to find anything cool out toward Jackson! I think there is no alternative from the beach, lake alpine might be nice but it will still be warm (and further). I'll be there next weekend so I'll let ya know ;)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top