Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving up to Salem in early August to pick up one of these bad boys: https://www.teardropsnw.com/ (custom build with MTB & dirt bike racks!).

Figure I'll drive straight there and then take a lazy 3 days to come home to Tahoe with some camping and biking along the way. Where would you stop? Kinda figure Oakridge & Quincy make sense for riding destinations, but am I missing anything obvious? Off-the-grid camping spot suggestions for Oakridge/Quincy?

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
That's a sweet little trailer! Have you ridden Ashland? I'd go there before Oakridge (or do both). I've seen some decent off-grid camping options on airbnb and Hipcamp.

There's also Dread and Terror (upper Umpqua River), which is a pretty cool ride. You can camp at Lemolo Lake and get a shuttle from the owner.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Gateway trail system in Mt. Shasta City is worth a stop. It's an excellent, flowy 10 mile loop with cool temps and plenty of shade, right off I-5. Make sure to hit Pig Farm trail on the way back.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a sweet little trailer! Have you ridden Ashland? I'd go there before Oakridge (or do both). I've seen some decent off-grid camping options on airbnb and Hipcamp.

There's also Dread and Terror (upper Umpqua River), which is a pretty cool ride. You can camp at Lemolo Lake and get a shuttle from the owner.
I have ridden Ashland once. I was thinking Oakridge because it's a more pleasant route back from Salem than I-5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.