Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of my buddies and I want to plan a trip to tsali this fall. A couple of them want to just camp at one of the campgrounds. This would be tent camping (no rv or anything). However I am beginning to wonder about the safety of my bike overnight. I have nightmares about waking up and my Blur has been stolen. What have some of you done with your bikes when you camped?

·
Slow Guy
55 Posts
camping with your baby

I usually camp at Turkey Creek campground. Never have worried about my bike during the night, I usually worry about my Jeep during the ride.

Campers, especially mtn bikers, tend to be good souls.

But, if you are unable to ease your mind, you could always tie fishing line to your bike, then to your finger....then when someone pulls your finger- Start Firing!

Just my $0.02

element

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
First things first

Make friends with your neighbors.

They'll probably be more likey to honor the unspoken "watch out for each other's stuff" code of camping. And, if they turn too rowdy later - like that Alloy guy always does - you'll have pre-established cordial relationship of mutual respect when you ask them to tone it down a bit.... please.

Or, you'll just piss 'em off and they'll take your bikes when they leave at 4 a.m.

:D

Just joking. Tsali is very cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.