Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a way to carry my camera on rides where it will be easily available but not easily damaged. I ride with a Camelbak so maybe something that will attach to the straps??

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts

Attachments

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SilverSpot said:
I presume you have a smaller digital camera? If so, Timbuk2 makes a decent camera case that works well for me. It has a velcro over-strap on the back that allows it to be attached to the strap of your camelbak. Plus, you can also use it for an iPod.
I have a Sony cybershot DSC-P93 camera. Probably won't fit in that.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Go to a target or wally world near you and hit the electronics/camera section. You'll find a bunch of options, pick the one that will work for your camera. I bought a caselogic camera carrier last Saturday ($3.99) for my DSC-N1. The camelbak strap goes through the back of the carrier and it zips up with my camera padded a bit inside. It worked fantastic - I got a ton of pics and didn't even notice the camera being there for the entire ride :)

·
This is how it started...
341 Posts
Go to Circuit City or Best Buy and check out "Case Logic". They have many different sizes and styles. I strap the case with my Nikon Cool Pix on my chest strap of my Camel Back for easy and quick access. Works well.

·
Because I am !
1,307 Posts
Binocular case..

I found a stiff binocular case that works very well. I carry it on my chest
strap as shown. I also keep a safety cord attached in case it does come
out I won't loose it. I have a kodak C340 so it is a big smaller than the
Sony you mention however you should be able to find a similar case.

ODN

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
misctwo said:
time for you to get a new camera there, bubs.

i strapped a sheath for a multi toolkit to the shoulder of my camelback. easy access, pretty safe.
Camera works perfectly. no need to buy new. Just need a case.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
A company named Digital Concepts makes a wide assortment of cases. I found
one that was perfect for my DCR-HC42 and attaches to the CamelBak chest strap.
Like outdoornut, I also use the safety strap.

Take your camera to your local Wolfe Camera or Ritz Camera (or whatever) and just
try some cases out. That's what I did.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
erginguney said:
If your camera is small enough to fit in it, I would recommend an MP3 armband like this one: http://tinyurl.com/336ygb. I bought this one for my Canon SD550 and found it to be an ideal solution. It doesn't thrash and swing around like other backpack-mounted or neck-hung solutions.
That's a pretty cool arm band case. But remember, your arms absorb a heck
of a lot more of the roughness of the trail than your chest does. Also, _if_ one
crashes (heaven forbid), the natural tendancy is to throw your arms out to catch
yourself and protect your face and torso. If you care about your equipment, you
wear it where it's most protected; not out on the limbs that take the beatings.

Just my opinion (no matter how logical it is :thumbsup: )

·
Don't Stop Spinnin'!
659 Posts
i put mine in a zip-lock bag inside my bag (bag under saddle) just incase i go for a quick swim with my bike... i know my camera is in a water proof bag. :thumbsup:

·
Wolf nipple chips
504 Posts
i have a very compact sony digicam, like the size of a pack of playing cards, and i bought a Pelican Case - i think it is called the micro 1010. if you want to talk about protection, this is just about the strongest case i think you can buy - watertight, crush-proof, dustproof, and fits inside a camelbak easily. can also be strapped to the outside.

http://www.pelican-case.com/pelmiccas10.html

·
Registered
552 Posts
The best thing I ever did for my cycling pictures was to buy a camera that would fit in the camel bak phone pouch. It attaches securely to the shoulder strap, and it's not flopping around like it would when I had a larger pouch on the sternum strap. You might be cutting it close but I bet the p93 would fit in the camel bak pouch. I have a p200 that fits in their easily and I don't think the p93 is that much larger. If that doesn't work I would look for a similar pouch you can attach to the shoulder straps of your camel bak. I would imagine several companies make them now, REI might be a good place to start looking.

I take so many more pictures now that I can stop and in 5 seconds have my camera out taking pictures without having to take off my camel bak.

·
Trying a little
1,781 Posts
Silver23 said:
I would advice the Olympus 720 SW or the 725 SW or the 770 SW Shockproof and Waterproof, no more worries about the weather and so on and so on.bgrds Silver23
Our 720SW took in water snorkeling in La Paz ... in 3 feet of water. Caveat Emptor! EDIT: It didn't matter as it took the crappiest pictures of any digital camera I've ever owned. Although the underwater videos were a very nice feature!

·
Trying a little
1,781 Posts
Cabin Fever said:
i have a very compact sony digicam, like the size of a pack of playing cards, and i bought a Pelican Case - i think it is called the micro 1010. if you want to talk about protection, this is just about the strongest case i think you can buy - watertight, crush-proof, dustproof, and fits inside a camelbak easily. can also be strapped to the outside.

https://www.pelican-case.com/pelmiccas10.html
I second that. Pelican all the way. I downhill with it in my pack, no worries, I use the 1030.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.