Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this problem? When I fill my camelbak and screw the lid on it screws on very easily but when its time to take the lid off it just about breaks my fingers to do so. I have put air back into the resivoir to make sure that its not a suction thing and it doesn't help. I have also tried using vasoline on the gasket but nothing really matters. That thing is just very hard to open. Is this normal?

Also, can a pack with a 2 liter Omega bladder be upgraded to a 3 Liter bladder? I just ordered the TrailBlazer that has a 2 liter but would like to put a 3 liter in it.

Thanks

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
summitlt said:
Are you tightening it down too hard? Mines hard to reopen, but its not a problem. I just tighten it untill it start to get harder. It doesnt have to be too tight.
I have tried different things like not tightening it too much as well. Same result pretty much.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Hoo boy- tough one.

iviguy said:
Does anyone else have this problem? When I fill my camelbak and screw the lid on it screws on very easily but when its time to take the lid off it just about breaks my fingers to do so.
Thanks
Camelbak sells a tool to help with that. It's a battery-powered device w/ two prongs that you insert over the lids raised center. Jenson's got it for about $95. I forget the name of it- just look under the Camelbak section. It's similar to an electric drill, but it has a chuck made especially for the Camelbaks. Makes getting that lid off a breeze. Has forward and reverse, altho they don't recommend forward, as the lid could become stuck on.

Or, just don't tighten it as tight. Loosely tighten it, then squeeze the bladder. If it leaks around the lids seal, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough.

Help that hopes.

fp

·
Registered
568 Posts
same problem here

Can't tell you how many times I've cursed that damn camelbak for the top not coming off. I've gotten to the point where I don't even try to do it by hand, I go out to the garage and grab a pipe wrench to open it.

And if I don't tighten it down, it leaks.

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finch Platte said:
Camelbak sells a tool to help with that. It's a battery-powered device w/ two prongs that you insert over the lids raised center. Jenson's got it for about $95. I forget the name of it- just look under the Camelbak section. It's similar to an electric drill, but it has a chuck made especially for the Camelbaks. Makes getting that lid off a breeze. Has forward and reverse, altho they don't recommend forward, as the lid could become stuck on.

Or, just don't tighten it as tight. Loosely tighten it, then squeeze the bladder. If it leaks around the lids seal, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough. Tighten a bit, then squeeze again. If it leaks, it's not tight enough.

Help that hopes.

fp
$95 for a tool to take the lid off your $40 camelbak??? LOL.. What a racket. But that does give me an idea... I can make a tool to do that too..... hmmm.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Simple Solution

iviguy said:
$95 for a tool to take the lid off your $40 camelbak??? LOL.. What a racket. But that does give me an idea... I can make a tool to do that too..... hmmm.
Why bother with the *^& lid. Just take the mouthpiece off and insert a high pressure hose.

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pacman said:
Why bother with the *^& lid. Just take the mouthpiece off and insert a high pressure hose.
And that would do what? Blow up the resivoir? If you mean filling it through the hose, I don't think the ice cubes will fit...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.