Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Galyans in woodbridge NJ is selling the Camelbak Rocket (04 model) for $29.99. I thought I wanted the Lobo but seems like the rocket can hold more cargo. Regular $60 or $70 beans

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update

Philo Beddoe said:
Galyans in woodbridge NJ is selling the Camelbak Rocket (04 model) for $29.99. I thought I wanted the Lobo but seems like the rocket can hold more cargo. Regular $60 or $70 beans
I stopped by to buy the rocket and when it rung up at the register it was discounted even further to $23!!! No guilt whatsoever here, I got a great pak for the price of a bladder.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey thanks for the heads up on the rocket. I was going to shell out $60 for a MULE but for half the price the rocket can not be beat. By the way that store is huge. I have not been to the woodbridge mall in years and boy did they build onto it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you used it yet?

conformers said:
Hey thanks for the heads up on the rocket. I was going to shell out $60 for a MULE but for half the price the rocket can not be beat. By the way that store is huge. I have not been to the woodbridge mall in years and boy did they build onto it. Thanks again.
Its fine on the trail but a bit cumbersome to fill. I don't quite get the strap at the top of pack where the fill hole is for the bladder. Seems like there should be more slack to get the bladder inside the pack. Leaks a bit too from the mouth when fully screwed on.

I may contact them to get a new bladder. How is yours working out?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Camelback works like a champ. I push out the back to fill. No leaks when riding. Have done multi hour rides and things are fine. I did notice at the store that some of the rockets where open, maybe you got a bad one. I agree that taking the bladder out to clean is not easy but it does go back in ok. I would send it back and get another one and see if it fixes the leaking problem.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't know

I bought mine a couple of weeks ago (3?). And unless they have any left I would doubt it. Seemed like they were clearing them out because mine was marked down more than once.Give them a call, can't hurt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.