Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
I have it, wifey x-mas gift. It's pretty cool, I don't know how much they cost, but it's a really nice pack. You can even rig your upper body armor, shin pads, ect...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the Camelbak havoc and its great! can carry all my gear pads helmet etc and 3 liters of water if you wish. Nice pad on it to, so if you fall its like running a spine protector great pack got mine on ebay for $69

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
Camelback makes nice products no doubt but from what I've heard/read/understand, they were late to the game as far as freeride packs and other companies got the jump on them. For what it's worth, Dakine is da sh!t. The Nomad and Apex are very good packs. Everyone I know that owns one loves it. The Apex will be my next pack for sure.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have it, and it has some good features. I also have the Mayhem which I like a lot more. The Havoc is a little bigger than I need, and the pouches are a bit cluttered and unorganized. That is pretty much my only complaint about it. The Mayhem on the other hand has the outside pouch like a Mule (another one of my previous packs) so you can access the tools w/o undoing all of the straps etc. You can still carry a full face as well, just not in in the pouch but attached to the straps which works fine.

Both are great packs, I just prefer my Mayhem over the Havoc. Also check out the Dakine Nomad and Apex if you need a bigger bag.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input. I have bags from both Dakine and Camelbak right now, a Heli Pro for skiing and the Hawg from a few years ago. I find that the camelbak fits me better then the dakine. Thats why I was leaning that way. And I am an overpacker so a bigger pack is more suited to what I carry.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Dont get the WW closeout....

Its the 2005 , 1st gen. Havoc , as are most of the others U see on Ebay etc etc.
I had it for a short while , then sold it and now I have the 06 model.
05s have grey straps , 06/07 have black straps.

The 2005 has some serious shortcomings , especially when it comes to carrying a fullface. All the shortcomings are pretty accurately described on NSMB.com http://www.nsmb.com/gear/camelbak_havoc_02_05.php
Now the 2006/7 model : Everything they did wrong on the 05 has been fixed and I couldnt be happiere.
Cheers

·
Registered
954 Posts
caspar said:
Its the 2005 , 1st gen. Havoc , as are most of the others U see on Ebay etc etc.
I had it for a short while , then sold it and now I have the 06 model.
05s have grey straps , 06/07 have black straps.

The 2005 has some serious shortcomings , especially when it comes to carrying a fullface. All the shortcomings are pretty accurately described on NSMB.com http://www.nsmb.com/gear/camelbak_havoc_02_05.php
Now the 2006/7 model : Everything they did wrong on the 05 has been fixed and I couldnt be happiere.
Cheers
I second that, the 06 is a much nicer bag than the 05. I have the 06 and did a side by side comparison and the improvements are worth it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks fellas, I saw the 05's but was planning on spending the extra dollars for an 06.

Wish I'd just have pulled the trigger when I was looking last night. Now I maybe waiting till the 06's are on closeout, the Wife's Grandfather passed away this morning so I had to buy a suit, and use all my frequent flier miles to fly us to Minnesota. Not complaining, I know it's important to the wife for me to look decent just saying the bag purchase has been put on hold. And we still have our health.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My condolences to your wife and family I know how it is to lose a grandparent. I also received the Havoc 05 model for x-mas and Cambria had a wicked sale going and I love it for the ability to carry all my crap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.