Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REI has a sale going on 25% off Camelbacks. So I thought I replace my 8-10 year old Mule with a new one. I'm built thick like a fire hydrant 34" waist. I just bought it loaded it up put it on and the waist straps are short. Buyer beware try it on first. Called Camelback CS they said they did make them shorter. I usually ride with them a little loose But I can't now. Luckly REI has a good return policy.

·
Broken Hipster
821 Posts
Mine were short as well then one of the snaps broke so I got rid of them and ride without. No issues even when I regularly crash...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Try Osprey instead? I just got an Osprey Syncro 10 during the REI sale. I think it's similar to the MULE (but haven't looked)
was $79 on their outlet, with another 20% taken off. Seems pretty sweet with better tool storage and the al air frame for $63

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Yeah, if you like the pack otherwise, lengthening straps is easy, just buy some nylon strap/webbing from an outdoor store and sew it on.

There are things you can't change but this isn't one of them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah, if you like the pack otherwise, lengthening straps is easy, just buy some nylon strap/webbing from an outdoor store and sew it on.

There are things you can't change but this isn't one of them.
+1

I typically end up shortening all the straps whenever I pick up a new pack. Reduces weight, you know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts