Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow my second post today.. I am moving to Camden Maine (yes!)... EROMAN, I noticed in past posts you are familiar with the area. Any good riding spots or good shops? anyone else who is familiar with Maine please feel free to chip in. Thanks again!

·
Registered
138 Posts
ahhh, home cold home

The shop I love to chill out at in "Mid-Coast" Mainre is co-owned by a friend of mine...Ragged Mountain Outfitters. Dave should be able to welcome you into the cycling world up in them parts...also, my brother just moved back to Rockland (6 miles south of Camden on RT1) and has taken up mountain biking as well, if you feel like it I can get you in contact with him. The riding is well worth the exploration time. The SnowBowl Ski Area was the site of my very first race back in '94! Let me know.

G

·
Bangor, ME

There is quite a few SS'ers up here in Bangor (1 - 1.5 hours north depending on how you drive). If you ever want to hook up for a ride in the BOG, drop me a note. BTW, check out the latest Dirt Rag for the Adam Craig article. He talks about the Bangor Bog. (He's from Dexter I think.) Welcome to Maine! I'm a transplant ("from away" as Mainers say) from Colorado. The riding is very different than CO.

·
Fat Boy Deluxe
409 Posts
indigosky said:
There is quite a few SS'ers up here in Bangor (1 - 1.5 hours north depending on how you drive). If you ever want to hook up for a ride in the BOG, drop me a note. BTW, check out the latest Dirt Rag for the Adam Craig article. He talks about the Bangor Bog. (He's from Dexter I think.) Welcome to Maine! I'm a transplant ("from away" as Mainers say) from Colorado. The riding is very different than CO.
I'm gonna be in the Portland area (actually Saco) from August 11-19 and I'm bringing the single if anyone wants to hook up for a few rides. I'll be driving up from DC so I will actually have a car and will be able to travel to rides if need be.

DT

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

I may drop you guys a line once I get settled, It will be at least a month and a half before I complete the move and have enough free time for extended rides. EROMAN- thanks for the shop info, I will also let you know when I'm in good enough shape to ride with a relative of yours!

·
Fat Boy Deluxe
409 Posts
sloth said:
I may drop you guys a line once I get settled, It will be at least a month and a half before I complete the move and have enough free time for extended rides. EROMAN- thanks for the shop info, I will also let you know when I'm in good enough shape to ride with a relative of yours!
You might also try hooking up with these guys as they do group rides and whatnot - http://mainiacs.ragemtb.com/

DT

·
Registered
25 Posts
Camden ME

Camden Maine rocks!!! I grew up there and the riding rocks! Dave @ ragged mtn. is the coolest guy ever. lot's of great road riding there too. That's where I first met Eroman @ Fred's Bike with a guy named Tommy and there fixed gears. Those to guys open my eyes to a whole new world of riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.