Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Cambria is shady. I ordered some parts yesterday that showed in stock, but got an email that they were backordered around 6pm tonight. When I checked the site the items still showed in stock today. It almost seems like they can pick and choose specifically the parts they will/won't sell for at 25% off. The customer service rep's story didn't add up and finally I just reduced the order to the one part in my entire order that apparently was actually in stock.

Had the same problem with cambria multiple times previously.. actually on almost every order. I've had one to two items appear in stock while ordering, end up backordered, and still appear as 'in stock' for more than a week after the order was placed. Of course it always takes longer than 7-10 days for anything to get in stock. One time it took 6 months for an item to ship that appeared as 7-10 days until in stock. Good thing that wasn't needed quickly! It was only a 27.2 thomson post!

I have lost a lot of respect for them, do not order if you need something in a timely matter.. even if it appears in stock.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
tiflow_21 said:
Cambria is shady. I ordered some parts yesterday that showed in stock, but got an email that they were backordered around 6pm tonight. When I checked the site the items still showed in stock today. It almost seems like they can pick and choose specifically the parts they will/won't sell for at 25% off. The customer service rep's story didn't add up and finally I just reduced the order to the one part in my entire order that apparently was actually in stock.

Had the same problem with cambria multiple times previously.. actually on almost every order. I've had one to two items appear in stock while ordering, end up backordered, and still appear as 'in stock' for more than a week after the order was placed. Of course it always takes longer than 7-10 days for anything to get in stock. One time it took 6 months for an item to ship that appeared as 7-10 days until in stock. Good thing that wasn't needed quickly! It was only a 27.2 thomson post!

I have lost a lot of respect for them, do not order if you need something in a timely matter.. even if it appears in stock.
Sometimes the sites don't or can't keep updated on stock for everything in stock on their sites. So it's a good idea to Email them or call them or BOTH before making an on line orderjust to confirm availability before ordering. :cool: ? ---zarr :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I usually order something from Cambria whenever there's a good coupon. Haven't had a problem yet. I ordered a new rear hub yesterday and it shipped same day. Saved $40 bucks. Ordered a helmet on a Monday before Christmas and paid for 3-day shipping, got it on Tuesday.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.