Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at picking up a used 2011/2012 Camber Pro 26". I can't justify the price of a new bike right now and there's some very good deals on very lightly used stuff out there. But, I'm stuck on sizing...

I'm right at 5'10" in height with a 32" inseam and a muscular 190lbs. (if that matters). I come from a BMX background which then translated to me riding DH/FR, I then I picked up a XC bike to hit local trails here on Long Island as that's obviously more accessible. I still ride DH/FR whenever possible (Medium Intense Socom, Fox 40, wide bars, etc.), but get to ride here on LI much more often. My current XC bike is a Medium Cannondale F1000, which tends to feel a bit twitchy at times. I'm not sure if it's a sizing or geometry issue, I usually get comments about how far out my seatpost is. I love the bike but I think it's time to move to a slacker/more fun bike, hence me looking to pick up a Camber.

My riding style is alot more fun, I like to throw the bike around and love technical sections, downhills, etc. Ofcourse I'd still like to be able to climb comfortably, but I'm not a XC racer style by any means.

From what I'm seeing it seems like these newer frames are running longer top tubes and shorter stems, making fitment a bit different. So, any recommendations on sizing?
I'd have no problem swapping out to a short stem on the large (and a wider bar) if that would actually work out 'correctly'.

Here is the geometry of my current Medium Cannondale

Here is the geometry of the 2011/2012 26" Camber

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2011 camber fsr comp which I swapped on 140mm fox forks and 800mm wide, 30mm rise bars among other things. The fitment is great for me (size M) and I'm 5 foot 8. Since you do ride long slack downhill bikes I would personally go a size up and taking a large however if you like shorter and more throwable bikes that still do offer stability I'd go for a medium and throw a short stem and wide bars on that!! As another relatively muscular build, it doesn't affect the ride all that much you just need to adjust your suspension pressure accordingly! End of the day, it's down to preference. Check the recommended sizings and size up or down depending on what you want the bike to be: long and slack for speed and stability or short and throwable for fun. Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.