Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
=========
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAMBA's Festival of Trails 2010
Just received the official word that the Festival of Trails in beautiful Cable/Hayward is June 4,5,and 6th.

·
CAMBA Creature.
222 Posts
2009 was the first Festival of the Trails. It was a lot of fun.
A great event.

·
Registered
264 Posts
thx. It's on my radar. I'm planning on moving just before this event, so things might be too busy this year. I hope not. I'm moving closer to the area anyway (Menomonie) :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
I might have to go see my granpa in hayward for this. I live in northern il if anyone wants to perhaps carpool. not 100% since my wife is expecting around that time but we shall see.

·
Registered
67 Posts
the-one1 said:
Are there any fees and what does that include?
It was $75.00 last year, but you got a lot of bang for you bucks! Most folks walked away with more $ is swag than the $75.00 fee.

I highly recommend this event!! Fun from start to finish!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is a very local event for me (Ashland, WI). I'm definitely going to be there I just need to get my new dawg build finished....2 months is plenty of time to dial it in. Space looks like it is limited to the first 200 riders. Hopefully we see some of you there!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just signed up today, is it true that Gary Fisher is making an appearance?

Also, were do most people camp?

I am so pumped to go! My first time to bike in that area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Questions

Let me help with the questions:

No, you do not need to be a CAMBA member to participate (Of course membership is always encouraged to help support the cool things going on in CAMBA country).

Yes, Gary Fisher is confirmed - more than just a stand up, he'll be hangin'

Camping, several options. Nearest is KOA if that's your thing. Otherwise there are several places in the national forest - CAMBA website has some of this info.

Fees are the same as last year: $75 for all three days. You get: Festival hat, one raffle ticket into mega drawing (you can buy more), beer on Friday night, tours on Fri., Sat., Sun., free lunch during Sat. tour, party Sat. night w/ free beer, order off menu; more tours on Sunday, monster swag drawing, cookout with more beer. Lots of fun things, and did I mention beer?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree, I bought a membership.

Gary Fisher - very cool!

Not into the KOA, anywhere to camp near enough to ride bike back so that I can take full advantage of the beer? In other words, what is the closest (beside KOA) campground to the beer?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts