Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you know of an online free food diary or calorie counter? i'm looking for one where you enter food eaten and it calculates calories and other facts, or where you can enter the details yourself. i know i can create a spreadsheet and then figure out the facts on my own, but thought there has to be some good online jobs out there.

i've always been good watching what i eat when i'm motivated, but never really figured out how many calories i'm taking in. and i know that is key when getting into a good workout plan and eating right.

thanks.
ez

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
SlipperyPete said:
nutrition.gov (US gov site). Also includes recommendations for caloric intake.
I would hesitate to take any information from this site...it is run by the USDA. They are there to promote the business of big-farm-lobbyists. The food pyramid (which was altered a few years back to allow for MORE dairy?!) is a horrible introduction to "eating well" that has helped put America in the state of health it is in.

There is a reason the Standard American Diet is shortened to S.A.D.

Daily Burn
Fit Day
livestrong all have good tools.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just bought an Iphone and got the "Lose It!" app for free. I'm sure other you can get it on other phones and carriers as well.

I've have only had it about 3 days and am amazed at all the crap I have been eating! It has really opened my eyes as far as diet. Good Luck!

·
Mac & Jacks African Amber
103 Posts
Lo Siento Mucho But, DAMN this conspiracy logic

CharacterZero said:
I would hesitate to take any information from this site...it is run by the USDA. They are there to promote the business of big-farm-lobbyists. The food pyramid (which was altered a few years back to allow for MORE dairy?!) is a horrible introduction to "eating well" that has helped put America in the state of health it is in.

There is a reason the Standard American Diet is shortened to S.A.D.
Excerpt from said site:

"Food and Nutrition Experts Working for You

Nutrition.gov was revitalized by the staff at the Food and Nutrition Information Center (FNIC) and the National Agricultural Library (NAL) in cooperation with a panel of food and nutrition expert advisors from agencies within United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). FNIC is an award-winning leader in on-line global nutrition information and was selected on this basis to revamp Nutrition.gov. The Nutrition.gov site was launched in November, 2004 and a major renovation was completed in February 2008.

FNIC's staff of trained nutrition professionals, most of whom are Registered Dietitians (R.D.), provide information on food and human nutrition."

Maybe excess consumption of pizza, cheeseburgers, ice cream and cookies, chips and the Chinese all-you-can-eat Buffet etc... is really the culprit in the SAD american diet and its negative consequences. I am not sure but I do not think these items are included in the "Food Pyramid"

Surely the "food pyramid" being controlled by "Big Farm" lobbyists is not the cause of fat Americans. Wouldn't you agree?

PS I DO believe that a Conan's pizza and pitcher of Shiner Bock is in the food pyramid.

·
CEO Product Failure
2,082 Posts
...there's an app for that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.