Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tire size on Jr. T ????

What size tires have any of you run on the Jr.? I want to run a 2.7 Maxxis Mobster and I don't know if it's too much. How much clearance should account for flex? if there is any.

·
Registered
498 Posts
i run 2.7 mobster in my super t. dont expect to run it with any flat spots in the rim. keep it perfectly true at all times then itll work good. itll rub a bit with wheel flex but i suppose the better built your wheel is the less flex there would be. my forks are still fine and most super t & jr. t ive seen have a good amount worn outa the arch.id go 2.5 if i were you though. no reall need for 2.7.

·
Ride Hard, Ride Free
427 Posts
I was running a Nokian 2.6 but kept rubbing the arch , so I switched to the Maxxis HighRoller with no rubbing anymore.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Get a Maxxis 2.5 or any 2.3 tire you like and enjoy. A 2.7 or even a true 2.5 is a bad idea. Wheels go out of true, it's a fact and if you want to keep riding when this happens than this is your best. Sorry, I know your pain I had one of those Jr.T's with crappy tire clearence. That's why I bought a Boxxer and then a Monster T, no more tire clearence issues. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts