Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. My santa cruz came with a black f120 rlc 08. I have always wanted a white one on there. I have a white 2008 f100. I'm familiar with the rlc forks, I've done the high volume air mod and installed enduros, so on and so on.

So my question is that fox's website lists the f120 and f100 crown assembly as different parts. But can I still swap the internals between the two to make my white f100 a f120 and my black f120 a f100?

any help appreciated.

John

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hardtails Are Better said:
Nope. The stanchions are different lengths. You could swap lowers, but the crown colors would be mismatched.
thanks, I'm glad I didn't figure out the hard way by pulling the forks apart and comparing and then goin all ****, that doesn't work.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The stanchions are the same for similar travel air forks. Meaning all 120 air designs are the same as is the 140 as is the 100 .So swapping is possible, I would just take them apart and send to a powder coater.

·
Registered
225 Posts
No yours are not , I meant all 100mm ones are,TALAS ,FLOAT / 120mm TALAS ,Float, and so on. As long as they are air and the same travel you can swap them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts