Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved to Asheville, NC from CO about six months ago, but am heading back to the Springs for a wedding on August 14th.

I am hoping somebody there can recommend a good babysitter down there, so mom and dad can get loaded and stupid at the wedding party. Our boy Owen is two, and the greatest kid in the world (unbiased opinion). We'd need a sitter that is old enough to drive.

Any help would be appreciated. A ride might be in the cards too, depending how low down we get Saturday night.

·
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help A Brother Out!

Surely somebody in Co Springs has a babysitter they use! I'm desperate.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
I'm not telling you how to raise your kid, but soliciting for a baby sitter on the internet isn't something 'I' would do as a parent. :rolleyes: That's probably why you have no response.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Singletrack Pig said:
I know a guy, actually I know of a guy, who is recently on work release from Cañon City and is currently in the Springs. If you stop by Leroy's Dew Drop Inn around Happy Hour he's usually there.

Let me know if you're still interested.

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Singletrack Pig said:
Email or PM Kristian if you have not already. Perhaps he knows some parents in the area who would have the word on b-sitters. I also emailed Anthony who has friends in the Springs and I am looking for the email of another fellow as well.

·
Woohooo!
5,104 Posts
jasonb said:
Email or PM Kristian if you have not already. Perhaps he knows some parents in the area who would have the word on b-sitters. I also emailed Anthony who has friends in the Springs and I am looking for the email of another fellow as well.
I read the post yesterday but I don't have any leads. Perhaps his hotel can arrange something?

·
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wtf?

I thought somebody down there in RIGHT WING MECCA might be able to recommend somebody, but I guess you are all so busy Focusing on The Family and, in fact, telling folks how to raise their kids that you can't help out.

Of course I'm not gonna just drop the boy off with someone I haven't spoken too, don't have references for, and have never met.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Singletrack Pig said:
I thought somebody down there in RIGHT WING MECCA might be able to recommend somebody, but I guess you are all so busy Focusing on The Family and, in fact, telling folks how to raise their kids that you can't help out.
Now, now, settle down. Sorry, but you gotta admit, a post that says basically "I need a babysitter...so my wife and I can get loaded and stupid", seems like a settup for a salvo of sarcasm. Although I was insensitive and sarcastic, others who posted were genuinely glad to help out.

No hard feelings I hope. Except for the fact that I live 50 miles north of the Springs and have a restraining order that keeps me from getting closer than 50 feet from anyone under 18, I would have been glad to help. (just kidding)

Have fun at the wedding.

·
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
None at all

No worries, I'm a ***** today. My reply was really directed at Kitchenware, and was a knee jerk reaction. Any time I see somebody talk about "the right way" to raise a family and a reference to Dubya, I cringe.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Hmm..never noticed the "w" before on his sig....think it refers to Dubya huh? Maybe I shouldn't hang with him anymore. Freaking republicans...I hate 'em all!!!!

He did give me a BB for free though...I suppose all is cool then. :D

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Singletrack Pig said:
No worries, I'm a ***** today. My reply was really directed at Kitchenware, and was a knee jerk reaction. Any time I see somebody talk about "the right way" to raise a family and a reference to Dubya, I cringe.
Read my post again, swine.

"I'm not telling you how to raise your kid"

I gave you the most probable reason no one replied. But yeah, I DO think it's stupid looking for a sitter on the 'net... Especially how it was conveyed. I'm QUITE confident that I'm not the only parent that "cringed" when they read your initial post.

Secondly, and most importantly... You are obviously CLUELESS on several counts, so don't speculate as to what the 'W' is in my sig.

Good luck getting "loaded and stupid" and finding a sitter.

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Ding! Ding! Back to your corners boys...

Ok now, I know you both and consider you both friends and good folk -- in fact I think I met you both on the same ride at Buffalo Creek, pre-riding some of the CO Gathering trails, right? I will be at the wedding in CO Springs too -- hopefully getting loaded and stupid at the wedding reception of a couple from Singletrack Pig's and my crew of Denver friends. Should be a happy gala with friends that we love marrying (not that we love marrying our friends but our friends that we love are marrying...oh nevermind), friends who have left returning, and the generally merriment that accompanies having a good group of your friends together to celebrate a great ocassion.

Perhaps Singletrack Pig's initial request and characterization of the evenings activities could have been less facetious, and his subsequent replies more metered. As a good friend I can tell you that he has never been known for keeping his tongue in reserve, but what is the harm in asking a group of friends if they can help point the way to a good babysitter?

I have ridden with a lot of the guys and gals on this board, count many of you among my friends, and a few have even become my closest companions in Colorado. There are opinions voiced here that I ignore, but there are other voices, like yours Kitchenware, that I would trust as a starting point for finding a babbysitter in an unfamiliar town. So now both of you back to your respective corners, stop being @sses to one another, and get back to riding.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Do we need a group hug everyone? AQ, you can join in too...Boy and Girls (girls!??!?!?!!)...ugh. Nevermind, check that idea. I'm out.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Please hold while I formulate a response...

jasonb said:
As a good friend I can tell you that he has never been known for keeping his tongue in reserve
Nor me.

I called the first post as I saw it, that's the reason I thought it had no replies and I then gave my opinion (which often gets me into trouble). My latest response was mostly stimulated by a gross inaccuracy of my political views. Weezer is a far cry from the President, hence the somewhat heated response. The assumtion of the 'W' was about as far off as my assumption, but it sure was hard to tell from the initial post... like I said. But then we all know what happens when we assume.

My apologies for the misjudgement, but you have to admit that that post was rough sounding from a parental POV. I could have pointed that out in a more polite way, but I'm an a$$hole.

Oh, and Kirk, you know you want some...

I remember that ride................................................

Attachments

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
ssshhhh...keep the DB on the down low. Word word. You wid dis?

Huh?!?!? Was that english, you ebonics speaking muthafocker!

Damn I'z hates white folk.

See it's all about connections....circular you see, circular.

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
No apologies needed...

...some low punches were being thrown. Anyway, want to hear a story of how Singletrack Pig's mouth almost got three of us thrown into jail by a 80 year-old National Park fee station staffer in Fruita? It all started innocently with a free Park Pass and an errant hole-punch but with the help of his silver tongue and amazing charisma we were graced to met the Colorado National Monument supervisor and the gun-toting Park Service police officer.

I have a vivid memory of sitting in the shade of the CNM fee station on a hot Frutia afternoon wondering how the situation had gotten so out of hand, when I heard the police officer begin pulling the open containers out of our Subaru -- a vehicle which we had borrowed from an unnamed international mountainbiking advocacy group.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Singletrack Pig said:
I moved to Asheville, NC from CO about six months ago, but am heading back to the Springs for a wedding on August 14th.

I am hoping somebody there can recommend a good babysitter down there, so mom and dad can get loaded and stupid at the wedding party. Our boy Owen is two, and the greatest kid in the world (unbiased opinion). We'd need a sitter that is old enough to drive.

Any help would be appreciated. A ride might be in the cards too, depending how low down we get Saturday night.
Hey, I'm pretty hard up for cash right now. I'm 18 years old, responsible, haven't been arrested or anything like that. My phone number is 719-201-8558 if you still need help and are intersted.

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Hey Jody!, how's life in N.C.?...

I still think about that Crest ride that I did with you 'n' da boyz, that was too much fun!! (well, except for my hub exploding :rolleyes: )

Hope that you're having fun down in the Tarheel state, you're probably replacing powerbars with hushpuppies :)

Have fun in the 'Springs, and for Velodious's sake (god of the bicycle) get out for a ride in Palmer. I'll ask my wife if she knows anyone down in the 'Springs that could sit for you, but really, kitchenware has the most childcare experience of any rider that I know :D

·
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Truce- I Love You All

Its funny how a hastily dashed off e-reply can snowball into a silly mess.

I was a moron for assuming the W was for Bush, but he has me so pissed off these days, my judgement is clouded. Sorry for that. And I can understand how, if you don't know me, my initial email would create the reaction it did. Sarcasm never did come across well on the web.

Anyway, I enjoyed all the rides I did with you fine folks.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts