Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is going on at ON ONE. I see you made a geared frame based on sliding frame of the inbred. The gear frame has improvements and is not sliding. ON ONE is busy trying to provide the new carbon forks. Which a lot of us are after.

When is the new 29nr Single Speed frame coming out . . spring summer . . . Fall? Will if have sliders or EBB?

Will there be adequate supply of carbon forks and 29ner single speed frames by this summer? Please reply.

Everything you are doing looks really cool and is price right . . . Please keep us informed, some of us mid westerners (USA) need to make "bike" plans.

I am looking into availablitily of your new frames and carbon forks in the USA.

Thanks,:thumbsup:

Kforum?

·
Pees in your sink
32 Posts
Well...

When I last checked the On-One site, the forks were going to be back in stock at the end of Feb. or so.
As for a Geared version, i thought they were sticking with the sliding dropout version, and not switching to a EBB.

What do I know though. I just sit here surfing all day.

I do like them forks though. Maybe If I get a job sometime, I can afford a pair.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
The next 29er frame that will arrive will be based around this frame, which has horizontal dropouts, but a new caliper mount position that does away with most (all) of the problems I've (others) have experienced with the conventional disc mount position when used with horizontal dropouts.

The frame will be disc only, and will also, in it's first incarnation at least, feature a gear hanger and gear cable guides. We might do an SS only one, but bearing in mind the ridiculously low price we're going to be doing it at, I might not.
That frame will also be available built up into a bike, with a carbon fork, Avid Juicy 3 brakes, a 9spd rear wheel with a cassette converter kit on there, Mary bar, Smoothie headset - all our lovely stuff.
The frame and the bike will be available in the USA and in Europe. Colours are RED for the 26in model, and a nice sort of tea/coffee colour for the 29er. Not white!

Notes on model shown:
1) It's a 26in wheeled frame.
2) It's zinc plated (proto finish NOT available currently, please don't ask).
3) This is an early sample without final dropouts.
4) Neither these, nor final dropouts will work with SRAM BB7 brakes as far as I know, though Shiggy thinks a 185mm rear MIGHT work (we haven't checked yet).

Other news:-
Carbon forks here at end of the month.
Also new 29er rim here end of month - 21mm internal width. NOT disc only.

·
surly inbred
1,539 Posts
Here is another pic of a raw, finished 29er frame.
You'll note the revised asymmetric dropouts and hose guides on chainstay (continues on downtube).
Gahhh!! :madman:

I fold under pressure, cave in to the 456 and now two months later I see this?!?! I have got to work on my timing.

Hmmm, maybe I need another bike. :skep:

ps. looks sharp, Brant!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Brant for answering your questons-- When will they be available?

Thanks Brant for answering the questions.

F'zille and I are curious about your release date for the new drop out design SS/Geared 29nr Inbred - - Do you know approximatley when.

The pictures help out a lot. I have been to your homepage "the mountain" and was unable to get the info. The drawing of the geared only Inbred shows a traditional drop configuration non SS. I Believe this was the 26" Inbred?

The new frames will not be able to support a cable actuated rear disc or just in particular the "BB7". I also did not see a tensioner on the rear sliding drop outs, so we may have to look into bmx parts.

Brant Thanks again, keep up the good work.. Please Flood Zed with your products.

Thanks,

Kforum:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Release date I expect to be end March for frames, and end April for bikes.
Possibly earlier.
No info on our site as this is still a product in production. You're very lucky to see it here :)
Only tensioner required is a chaintug type piece on drive side.
I don't know of any mechanical discs worthy of offroad use other than a BB7 (or BB5 natch).

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Release date I expect to be end March for frames, and end April for bikes.
Possibly earlier.
No info on our site as this is still a product in production. You're very lucky to see it here :)
Only tensioner required is a chaintug type piece on drive side.
I don't know of any mechanical discs worthy of offroad use other than a BB7 (or BB5 natch).
nice! i may wait for my next bike then...

Brant, can I please have a matching zinc plated rigid fork too? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
FoShizzle said:
nice! i may wait for my next bike then...

Brant, can I please have a matching zinc plated rigid fork too? Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the positive responses. As said - Zinc Plate is a UK process (currently) and we have no plans for production.

BTW - we are also trialling this dropout on some Scandal type frames so those may well be in our future at some point.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Thanks for the positive responses. As said - Zinc Plate is a UK process (currently) and we have no plans for production.

BTW - we are also trialling this dropout on some Scandal type frames so those may well be in our future at some point.
you should have never told us to not ask about it in your first post :p

·
( )
755 Posts
The next 29er frame that will arrive will be based around this frame, which has horizontal dropouts, but a new caliper mount position that does away with most (all) of the problems I've (others) have experienced with the conventional disc mount position when used with horizontal dropouts.
Finally! A production frame with disc friendly horizontal dropouts. But why no BB7's? Not enough room for the adjuster knob? Still, sounds like nice stuff. This might be the frame that i replace the KM with.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.