Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, don't be too angry but the first question is almost a roadie type question. Does your shop happen to have in stock a set of 2004 Mavic Kysrium SL's? Not the shiny new 05 version, but the almost all black set from last year. If you do know that your shop or your local shop has a set, will you please list their number and a person to speak with? I'm going to call up Mavic tomorrow (I guess later today, it's pretty late...) and see If they have any left, but I know they probably don't.

Second question, back into MTB mode. Has anyone had a problem with their Schwalbe Racing Raplh tires leaking down after only 24 hours while sitting(even after a ride)? Yes, I know the tire is seated correctly, I happen to be a mechanic. If not, I have to figure out if it's because I'm running the non-tubeless tires or if it is because of Bontrager's new sealant. I had high hopes for it, but it seems Stan beat out Keith in this aspect.

Here is when I use my free shameless plug feature, and ask you to check out a site: www.dirtycycling.com

The site is mainly based around cross and mtb, with stories/interviews/funny/random articles. If you have any comments on the site, please post them on here, If anything, we have an awesome shirt, a rip off of the milk ads from a few years ago. Got Dirt? is printed in white lettering on the front of a black shirt, which will go nicely with site's addy printed on the rear of the shirt.Thanks a lot for your time and help guys.

-Mitch

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
terribleein said:
... Second question, back into MTB mode. Has anyone had a problem with their Schwalbe Racing Raplh tires leaking down after only 24 hours while sitting(even after a ride)? Yes, I know the tire is seated correctly, I happen to be a mechanic. If not, I have to figure out if it's because I'm running the non-tubeless tires or if it is because of Bontrager's new sealant. I had high hopes for it, but it seems Stan beat out Keith in this aspect...
Wellllll...

1. Standard Racing Ralphs are not designed to hold air without inner tubes.

2. Bontrager sealant is designed for use with their Sealant Ready tires. Not to try to seal standard tires.

RR USTs hold air very well.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
If my memory isn't failing on me, 04 Ksyrium SL were silver too, but more matte than the very shiny 05, the black were either Ksyrium Elites or maybe older SL.

As for the RR question, Shiggy is right, you cannot really complain that a non-UST tire doesn't hold air well without a tube, it wasn't designed so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.