Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more question...

For some reason, the Inbred 456 came with disc tabs but did not come with hydaulic line guides (go figure). Since I did not want to zip tie the cable to the chainstay OR use the zip tied guide cable guide to the chainstay (it's not my bike and I did not want to damage the paint), I had to go ghetto using wire at first, then a P-Clip that came off my house... Are there any other options?

Attachments

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
The "2.4" Mutano is not, as we all know, a true 2.4. Currently, I'm running a 2.25 Trailbear for the winter conditions, with plenty of clearance. I might only have clearance, at best, to run a 2.35, but I'd never run something that large on my 26'er inbred. Plus, I think the 456 might have wider stays than my Inbred anyway.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Earthpig said:
The "2.4" Mutano is not, as we all know, a true 2.4. Currently, I'm running a 2.25 Trailbear for the winter conditions, with plenty of clearance. I might only have clearance, at best, to run a 2.35, but I'd never run something that large on my 26'er inbred. Plus, I think the 456 might have wider stays than my Inbred anyway.
I was just working on the bike some more and it looks like it can clear a real 2.5. I've become a real fan of this frame (well, except for the hydro guides). Great geometry and it has the ability to run a 6" fork! I'm guessing that with the Talas, the HA is around 69 or 68.5 degrees. This will make a great Kokopelli and Gooseberry bike. Maybe the owner of the bike won't like it and I'll get to keep it... ;)

·
Registered
700 Posts
The 2.35 Nevegal will fit between the stays of the Inbred. At least, that's what my memory is telling me.

I actually like the housing guide you made. If you want to spend some of your clients money Jagwire makes a do-hicky that screws into the old canti boss and holds the housing with stanless steel wire. Looks a little clearner than your set up but not much. Why not slap on a stick on hydro line guide and use a little zip tie. They work great if you wrap the line with an old inner tube and snug it up with the zip tie.

Here is a source.

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.c...le-and-Housing&tc=Cable-Guides&item_id=JW-TBG

Glad to hear there are more On One riders in the Valley. To bad there aren't more Inbreds.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!

Those Hope guides are awesome! The owner of the bike wants to do gold accents on her bike (like gold CK headset, gold Hope hubs, gold nipples, gold QR's) so the Hope Hose Guides may do the trick... I just have to find out where those can be sourced locally (it might be time for another visit to the LBS).
The maiden ride for the bike should be this weekend (riding around the block doesn't count)... We're still waiting on the handlebar (I slapped on a 500 gram riser and 200 gram stem just to check the fit and the headset install and brake setup)... Any of you other Inbred riders want to ride with the green stepchild? I expect the build to be about sub 25lbs with the Talas and heavy everything...

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BelaySlave said:
Chain Reaction has the frames from $263. Universal Cycles has 'em for $415, but apparently they have some price match policy.
Make sure that Chain Reaction is not showing it in GBP instead of
USD... Pricepoint also has the frames...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Chain Reaction is showing it in USD.

Looks like the Inbred is going for around $350 on Pricepoint.

On a related note....Novara is now making a SS for this year. All steel. For me it would be somewhat cheap (less than $400) for a total bike. No bling-bling parts. Problem though...29 lbs!!! That's like my damn Yeti!! And out of the box it's 33x17! Ouch.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BelaySlave said:
Chain Reaction is showing it in USD.

Looks like the Inbred is going for around $350 on Pricepoint.

On a related note....Novara is now making a SS for this year. All steel. For me it would be somewhat cheap (less than $400) for a total bike. No bling-bling parts. Problem though...29 lbs!!! That's like my damn Yeti!! And out of the box it's 33x17! Ouch.
check out Soma and Voodoo as well... They all offer good values in steel SS frames....

·
roar
300 Posts
I would really suggest trying a bike that fits you if you are wanting to use it as a cross country bike. I understand that the bikes you use for hucking stuff need to be small, but a too small cross country bike could be very ucomfortable and really inneficient if you are riding for any length of time.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts