Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help in IDing the general year of this frame. I picked it up at a pawn shop and I think it has had quite a few upgrades from when it was new. example... A Manitou SX fork.... serial number looks to be a 2002 model... newer brakes etc.

Here is the build info.

Nishiki Colorado................ MTN on the top tube
Manitou SX front shock.... blue in color
Color is dark blue or even Purple over lighter blue.
Has a very nice machined stem... that the bolts are on the front side of the fork tube...
Tektro Quartz levers and V brakes
Shimano shifters.... 7 speed cassette
STX front and rear derailers
Sugino CSS II cranks/ rings
ZAC 19 rims/ Allvio hubs Vertical drops
Ritchey Clipless
Vetta saddle

Here is a shot of the stem...

very nice but no name of markings of any kind... anyone have any idea on the mfg of the stem?

Thanks for any info

BTW The Nishiki frame is on her way to a nice SS conversion.

Rick

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More info

While cleaning the frame and doing the SS build I found the numbers on the BB.
Not sure if they help but...

There is some scaring so not sure if it is YF or YE95CO3290 maybe YEAR, Colorodo modelXXXX?

also serial number 910350263

Anyone?

Gramps

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
gee, maybe a picture might help? the stem shows you have a camera so HOW BOUT A friggen PICTURE!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I could...since I make a living with photo's..if I wanted to...

Okay... Not too sure how a picture is going to help.... maybe if there was no logo saying Nishiki... a photo might help ID the make but we know it is a Nishiki and a Colorodo at that.... oh and we have some numbers that are a pretty good clue too.... ( I had not found them when I started the post and then relized it had several upgrades in its life)

Now if you can't read... (I did look at your avaitor) then these might be of help. Just in case here is a couple of photos just for you.

Okay now we know it is a Nishiki

and now we have a little idea of the singlespeed build.... still not sure how that will help with the ID of year of mfg. of the frame, but there you are sonny boy.

We aim to keep everyone happy,

Gramps

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
gee, sorry you took it so personal. I've just found that sometimes pictures can help...but I guess you know that since you make a living taking them! ......maybe you can help me, I've got a blue Ford mustang with quite a few upgrades, Crager rims, Holley carburetor, Mallory ignition, Sella fog lamps...can you tell me what year it might be? get my point? I wasn't being a smartass in my first response. Good luck...PS: OK photos, but maybe stepping back and getting the whole bike in the picture might be better... and you might check your depth of field to get the blur out...just my 2cents.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if you give me the vin number of that blue Mustang I bet I could give you the year of Mfg...:)

Yep the Pics could be better but they were quickie's just for you.... not too bad for a 15 second exposure though. ( it was almost dark... 6 PM or so)

Maybe I can get some nice ones later this week.

Thanks, Gramps

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply, Cyclodan

The frame marking YE95CO3290.... Do you think the frame was mfg in 95 for the 96 production run? I guess that would make some sense as frames for the 07 were being made late in 06.

and yes pictures do help.... just did not have them when I first posted.

What about the stem? anyone?

Thanks again to ALL,

Gramps

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
Its a taiwanese made stem, probably from Qranc which sprung from O'neil which evolved into Azonic and which were also known as WorldForce for awhile. It was funny watching the ads change every few months with a different brand name they were trying to use for mountain biking, and not run afoul of someone elses trademarks. Taiwan was big on CNC'ed parts in the 95-97 time period, but they were doing it on a scale that just killed all the small US machined part brands. Tektro had CNC'ed cantilever brakes and brake levers that were amazing quality, at like 1/3 the price of a paul's setup, and in 7 different colour options (see the current yo eddy build thread for links to 'em). Those stems were being used by multiple brands on their bikes. You could get machined 2-bolt clamp seatposts, bar ends, cranksets, chainrings, pedals, etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
DeeEight

Thanks for the info.... it just looked differt from what I see today in its design. I might put it on another commuter type bike where I can use the longer stem.

Here are some more photo's of the Nishiki SS build up. Nothing Blingy hope to squeeze in a ride today before this weather moves in.

Sugino cranks

Eno on the rear

Gramps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.