Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't there a call to make to people when you're plowing down the hill to warn others you're coming and or you see people and want them to know you're coming? I think it started with a v.

·
DIRTYAMERICAN
334 Posts
If it's on a multiuse/multibike trail...."Rider up!"

If it's on a DH specific trail and they're climbing: "Get the f... out my way!"

·
#1 Latex Salesman
1,869 Posts
Rider up is the standard. I also like to use "on your left/right". serves double duty.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
I always preferred: "Geronimo!"

·
Registered
938 Posts
LoozinSkin said:
I'm actually thinking about getting a bell you ring with the little thumb chinger.

I use bells that are attached to the handlebar, they work pretty good as long as they are loud bells and they should always make noise unless you are riding a perfectly smooth sidewalk.:nono:

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
lagarto grande said:
Sounds like you might be thinking of "pista" - I think it's the Spanish equivalent of "trail"
Yeah here in Mexico we use "Pista" and then we shout right or left..

When they are friends I just shout out "BASSSSSSTTTTTTARRRRDDDDD"

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,986 Posts
first off if people are walking then they have the right away and you need to STOP or slow down if they let you pass.....if you on a multi use trail then you should get a bell too.

Also people riding up have the right away too, so you need to yeild to them........

yelling rider up, left or right is allright but if you are going fast then that is a big big no no......now a rider riding down is fair game for all the hoot and hollering

1 - 13 of 13 Posts