1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
CH Rim.

BKnight said:
but could i make this work?
http://www.speedgoat.com/productB.asp?part=129183&cat=40&brand=1151
i'm looking for a strong rim, and this defiantly would be, are there any issues that i would run into with it?
That's probably the strongest rim you can buy, very heavy-duty.

Are you sure you need that much rim?

Anyways, yes, it will work. You can build it up into a very strong wheel.

R.

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do I really need an LG1 and taco on a EMD? lol, I like strong parts, cause I ride hard. I have to replace my front, so I just figured i'd go over kill :D

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Soupboy, 29erchico, lilhillbilly, myself. There are others, I just cannot remember who. Heavy, wide, tough, no, bombproof. Hell. Kris Holm rides them on his MUni, have you seen the stuff he does? On one wheel?! :D :thumbsup:

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice, i was thinking of going with the halo spin doctor front hub, since its gold and would go sweet with my frame, lol. It also looks like a decent hub

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what size spoke length do i need if i'm going to run the 36 hole. I reall have no expierence with building wheel, and am sure i'm missing something about figuring it out.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
lil hillbilly said:
they are overkill, but # not size. build up was so easy. if ya get the chance build your own :thumbsup: they also rock tubeless;)
How did you set them up tubeless? I've been trying ghetto 26" tubes and one with a WW2.55LT works, but the one with the Geaz Saguaro keeps going boom after about 6 hours. My faithful bike mechanic helper dog is getting jumpy! :D :eek:

·
Ozark Native
600 Posts
slocaus said:
How did you set them up tubeless? I've been trying ghetto 26" tubes and one with a WW2.55LT works, but the one with the Geaz Saguaro keeps going boom after about 6 hours. My faithful bike mechanic helper dog is getting jumpy! :D :eek:
i did the same thing (ghetto) 26"tube & stans. I built up the bead untill it was hard to mount the tire on the rim. made initial inflation much easer.
been out beatin up my new ride w/ this set up and have have very good luck:thumbsup:
ran as low as 20psi. to soft. settled around 28 or 30

sorry about the pooch,
notin more funny than seein a dog piss his pants. sorry made me laugh!!

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
BKnight said:
what size spoke length do i need if i'm going to run the 36 hole. I reall have no expierence with building wheel, and am sure i'm missing something about figuring it out.
You need to calculate spokes using hub flange diameter and spacing, plus ERD of rim. There are a few online spoke calculators, or let someone else do it, like I did. ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine built up with no issues. They are big. They are not light. Once you get some burly rubber on them, they just look right and feel solid. Confidence-inspiring for me. Just bring your rim and hub to your favorite shop -- they'll hook you up with spokes.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Wormburner said:
Mine built up with no issues. They are big. They are not light. Once you get some burly rubber on them, they just look right and feel solid. Confidence-inspiring for me. Just bring your rim and hub to your favorite shop -- they'll hook you up with spokes.
Humongeous! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.