Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 18 months ago, Hollywood posted (on the SS forum) a good bit about various cyclists surrounded by much lore. It was an inspiration at the time, bike-wise, but has pushed me into other realms, too. I've got a significant project for a class I'm not too nuts about (in folklore-come-pop-culture-lore), and have decided - probably against my best interests - to work from the wilds of cycling.

All I want are stories, stuff I won't find digging through the archives. I don't need names (they'll be left out anyway), or even really precise locations - just tales of grandeur, stupidity, crashes, achievements, inferiority, unsurmountable odds, equipment failure and money wasted, alcoholism, nudity, politics, etc, etc: Alex on his BMX-bike exploits, that guy who jumped the cruiser at Sea Otter last year, Rudy on his fixie... That kind of stuff.

Pictures are great; this won't ever be published (I'm not a folklorist, and never will be), but proffer your name, or it'll be cited by your handle. Likewise, links to other resources, homepages, blogs, photo collections, etc are great too.

The best tale (yes, it's totally subjective) gets some free homebrew, because that's all I've got to give. :p

·
The Tortoise
71 Posts
Do I got a tale for you! The thing is, its about 50 pages long and its not posted anywhere. I'm working on trying to build a website, but until then, if you'd like to add my EPIC JOURNEY Captain's Log, let me know and I can email it to you. I'm always willing to try new homebrews!

Dr J

SDizzle said:
The best tale (yes, it's totally subjective) gets some free homebrew, because that's all I've got to give. :p

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dr JRod said:
Do I got a tale for you! The thing is, its about 50 pages long and its not posted anywhere. I'm working on trying to build a website, but until then, if you'd like to add my EPIC JOURNEY Captain's Log, let me know and I can email it to you. I'm always willing to try new homebrews!

Dr J
Sweet! To anyone else who would prefer a little confidentiality, email away:

sdbullock AT comcast DOT net

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
.....this one time, at mountain bike camp..........

ahem. wow! sdizzle resurfaces! riding dirt much lately, or what? haven't seen you in ages.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ibmkidIII said:
I assume it's an imposter who hacked his account. Mods, please lock him out.
I can't believe you still have those two lusty bananas as an avatar. I have tires and beer and some Thompson gear for you, you know. Still nothing really good, I guess...

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
I freaking emailed you dude! ...a few days ago requesting permission to enter the brewey for aquisition of said goods. Maybe tomorrow afternoon?

And what can I say, bananas like to dance....so do I.

·
cyclemaven.net
364 Posts
You really want my heroes...

Let's start with this one:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=94274
What she doesn't mention is that she's only been riding her singlespeed for about 6 months, and that she finished only twenty minutes behind the first singlespeed gal. What's interesting is that this sport seems to attract some incredibly cool, strong-willed women, who sometimes have incredible odds against them.
I've ridden with 3 more women with asthma, (one has exercise-induced asthma and is competing in her first triathlon this year), and a cancer survivor.

Yeah, I don't need to open a book or turn on the TV for a hero, I ride with them every day. Ain't I lucky...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
arturo7 said:
I ride, I fall, I get up, I ride some more.

Do I win the homebrew?
All you have to do is fall harder than anyone else. And then, yes.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
SDizzle said:
All you have to do is fall harder than anyone else. And then, yes.
In that case, do I have a story for you.

Do you dictate?

And BTW, trying the alchy right now as prescribed by Dr. Sdizzle.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ibmkidIII said:
And BTW, trying the alchy right now as prescribed by Dr. Sdizzle.
And soon, you, too, can court brain damage. It'll take a bit to get to courtesan status, but you're on the right track...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.