Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got some hayes so1e brakes (I know they're ****, so thats why they're getting replaced) on my Scott reflex fx35 (2007 model).

Im looking at Avid brakes (cant make my mind up which set), but anyway I was wondering if the caliper mounting bolts are all the same positions?

Also, ive got 160mm rotors on atm, but the some of the sets on ebay like the exlier come with 185mm rotors. Could I still use the 160's?

Cheers (I know your thinking, this guy sounds like a noob lol)

·
Official ***** Idiot
333 Posts
Mmmm........not really. You can use a 160mm rotor with the Avids, provided they're using an adapter to move the caliper out to that diameter. Just take the adapter off, the calipers are direct-mount to post mounts by themselves. I poked around a bit, and they still use the same design as my first-gen BB5's, so I would say that's the case.

·
Official ***** Idiot
333 Posts
That's what I said......lol.........take the spacer for 185mm rotors off and direct mount.

Going to need shorter CPS bolts, though. Speedgoat sells 'em for $3 per caliper.

He never said what fork he has, or what mounts. If he's got 51mm IS mounts, he's going to need two new post mount to IS adapters, front and rear, the 185mm adapters are too tall. Needs the adapters for 160-165mm. A little over $6 each.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.