Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies,

I realize I don't really belong here but I thought I might pass along some info I came across at the BTCEB info boards. I shared this info with my wife. I'm hoping she'll be at at least one of them.

Regards,
Dan

Hey Riders, this is a rare opportunity:

One of the LunaChix asked me to pass this along. It's for mountain bike clinics serving riders of all levels, beginner through advanced, and even a class for XC racers. The instructor for the advanced class is none other than Pro MTB and Cyclocross racer Gina Hall while Pro Downhiller and Gravity Goddess Marla Streb shares her secrets in the cross country racing clinic. Would it be cool to be in on those classes or what??

I'm sure all the guys are saying "YEAH, where do I sign up?" Sorry gents, the classes are for women only.

These classes are given on a no participation fee basis. However, the LunaChix are big supporters of breast cancer research, so be sure to bring along a generous contribution to the breast cancer research fund.

Some of these classes are coming up really soon, so get registered. Oh yeah, and spread the word.

Happy Trails!

Erik Johnson
President
BTCEB

TEAM LUNA CHIX invites you to join our womens mountain bike skills clinics:
- Learn from women
- Support the Breast Cancer Fund
- Win cool schwag!

All clinics start at 9am and will last 2-3 hours.
No participation fee, but donations to the Breast Cancer Fund are welcome.

RSVP to [email protected] to reserve your spot at the clinics. Women only!

Clinic 1: Basic Skills
Date: Saturday 4/23/05
Location: Tilden Regional Park at Meadows Playfield, Berkeley
RSVP deadline: No later than 4/15/05
Clinic leader: Nadine Budbill Berkeley High Mt. Bike Team Coach; NorCal League Board of Advisors; Founder/Director of Full Cycle, a mt. biking camp for young women.

Clinic 2: Intermediate Skills
Date: Saturday 4/30/05
Meeting location: GravyWheels Bike Shop, 702 San Anselmo Ave., San Anselmo
Clinic location: From GravyWheels, we'll be riding over to Tamarancho in Fairfax
RSVP deadline: No later than 4/22/05
Clinic leader: Julia Violich Owner of Gravy Wheels; Raced in the Trans Alps Challenge 2004; Redwood High School Mt. Bike Coach; Board Member of the MCMB.
Please note: If you do not already have a Tamarancho pass, you will need to purchase a day pass either from Sunshine Bikes (737 Center Boulevard, Fairfax; sunshinebicycle.com) or online at boyscounts-marin.org.

Clinic 3: Advanced Skills
Date: Saturday 5/7/05
RSVP deadline: No later than 4/29/05
Clinic leader: Gina Hall Pro mt. bike and cyclocross racer; the number-two-ranked U.S. woman cyclocross racer last year!

Clinic 4: X-Country Racing Skills
Date: Saturday 5/21/05
RSVP deadline: No later than 5/13/05
Clinic leader: Marla Streb Pro-racer for LUNA and downhill goddess. She can be found alternately hucking herself over gap jumps on the World Cup mountain bike circuit, writing books, making appearances at a charity events and being tailed by television cameras at the team s annual photo camp.

RSVP to [email protected] to reserve your spot at the clinics.
Women only!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.