Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the status of Calabazas? What happened at that meeting a few weeks ago? Did anyone post anything after it happened?

·
Absurd
919 Posts
Photo-John said:
What's the status of Calabazas? What happened at that meeting a few weeks ago? Did anyone post anything after it happened?
Basically the city of SJ said that they WOULD re-open the jump park. It is going to take them about 9 mos. to get all the permits, get buy off from the water people, fish and game...etc... then a bunch of people in the audiance, who have no concept of how these type of things work with all the red tape got up and started b!tching about the time frame. They (City of San Ho) say when it is re-opened they will be working with riders to get their input on the park's features, the park will have beginner, intermediate, and expert lines. There MAY even be some opportunities for riders to do some of the work on a very minor scale. There will also be a fence around the park with only one opening and all kinds of rules signs stuck to it. Hopefully it's not a bunch of B.S. Personally I think the City of SJ is doing a great thing, sure, it's because of public outcry, but none the less, they are going out on a limb just by re-opening it. I think they recoginize that no matter how "dangerous" Cali is to riders, neighbors..etc, it's still nowhere as dangerous as letting your 16 year old hang out on King and Story on a Saturday afternoon.

But hey...more importantly check this out!!----> http://evolutionbikeshop.com/ :D

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the update

Thanks for the update. I agree that the City is doing a good job. Especially considering it's generally lame and bureaucratic nature. It's amazing to me it didn't get bulldozed and left flat a long, long time ago.

My mom told me the bike shop was changing hands again. Hope it works out this time. It will always be Stan's to me, though :D

·
Kill that $hit!
809 Posts
MVRIDER said:
Basically the city of SJ said that they WOULD re-open the jump park. It is going to take them about 9 mos. to get all the permits, get buy off from the water people, fish and game...etc... then a bunch of people in the audiance, who have no concept of how these type of things work with all the red tape got up and started b!tching about the time frame. They (City of San Ho) say when it is re-opened they will be working with riders to get their input on the park's features, the park will have beginner, intermediate, and expert lines. There MAY even be some opportunities for riders to do some of the work on a very minor scale. There will also be a fence around the park with only one opening and all kinds of rules signs stuck to it. Hopefully it's not a bunch of B.S. Personally I think the City of SJ is doing a great thing, sure, it's because of public outcry, but none the less, they are going out on a limb just by re-opening it. I think they recoginize that no matter how "dangerous" Cali is to riders, neighbors..etc, it's still nowhere as dangerous as letting your 16 year old hang out on King and Story on a Saturday afternoon.

But hey...more importantly check this out!!----> http://evolutionbikeshop.com/ :D
Really glad to hear it. Losing that place would be like taking a chuck of my childhood. Too bad I was too busy smokin pot and drinkin beer at the time instead of jumping :D Oh well. Glad it was saved. Lookin forward to seeing the new shop too fo sho.... :cool:

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
MVRIDER said:
Basically .............
That's good news for the long run. Looks like a good time to reopen for a nice winter riding spot.

I've never been there but had plans to right before the closure. I just hope it doesn't get over sanitized.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
zachdank said:
i gave kidwoo his first taste of the S.T.I.N.C. and he went home lookin like this. when he first showed up he was pissing himself.
Hey now, that was piss of joy!!

wasn't it? :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.