Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wrenching at my LBS for the last couple of weeks and was told yesterday by the owner that Fisher is going to be adding a third bearing to the pivot of all new cakes. The third bearing will be placed on the drive side. They are simply going to machine the counter-bore deeper to allow a second bearing to be placed. No word on how agressive they will be about replacing the existing Cake's that have already made it to the streets without proper loc-tite and a third bearing, but I can tell you we have a customers cake 3dlx in the shop which looks brand new and is waiting for a whole new frame set to arrive. Also, Fisher is apparently swapping out the 8" rotor for a 6" if you got one on your dlx. Most new dlx's will come with 6" rotors on both ends. Not sure about the 1 dlx since it has a thru-axle. The problem is apparently an issue with using an 8" rotor on a wheel/fork that doesn't use a thru-axle. There have been issues with bent skewers and axles due to the extra braking force the 8" rotor generates. Check with your LBS, if they are up on the Fisher emails they should have all of the above info. and be able to fill you in. I must say I'm happy to see Fisher/Trek taking some action.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.