Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overall a good race, but I thought it was a bit uneventful. The mud really made it hard to see people pushing, except for the rock garden. Gee was an animal, but I'm most stoked for Ratboy. He FINALLY got that podium, and he's only going to get better. And Peaty continues to prove that age means nothing.

But my favorite has got to be the guy who hopped on a downed rider's bike, started riding it, wadded up without a helmet, and knocked himself out. 30 minutes of course hold. Priceless. I'm praying that someone got that on film...

Your thoughts?

·
The White Jeff W
5,692 Posts
I just watched the replay and noticed the last guy down got mooned just after the rock section :lol:

·
The White Jeff W
5,692 Posts
How was that whoop section not part of the broadcast? Looks like there would've been some good action there

·
Wēk Sôs
3,210 Posts
Awesome! I wish they had that section in the broadcast too.

there was mention of a new Specialized bike being unveiled at the next race. Any info on what that might be?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Was gutted Ratboy got knock off the top spot but 2nd to Gee ain't bad. Think this might be his year, he was unlucky in SA.

Peaty....what can u say, the guy will be racing when he's in a wheelchair!

·
Registered
994 Posts
How are you fools not even mentioning Neko? Best finish ever, 3rd with a ****in crash. He would have won that race had it not been for that lay down.

·
Registered
107 Posts
How are you fools not even mentioning Neko? Best finish ever, 3rd with a ****in crash. He would have won that race had it not been for that lay down.
Yea and if your uncle had t1t's he'd be your aunt! :)

haha, joking aside, full respect to Neko, he looked well happy on the podium, I was rooting for Ratboy though, he has a win or two in him this year for sure.

·
Uphill? What's that
661 Posts
Neko is showing he has what it takes to be a contender this year.
Can't wait to see what he does at Fort William.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Was gutted Ratboy got knock off the top spot but 2nd to Gee ain't bad. Think this might be his year, he was unlucky in SA.

Peaty....what can u say, the guy will be racing when he's in a wheelchair!
Totally! Was so hoping ratboy would pull the win. I'm not really a Gee fan at all... He's a poor sport IMO - mopes and cries like a baby when he doesn't get 1st, but gloats like a ***** when he wins.

I'm glad Sam Hill is showing signs of his former self. (Flats ruled btw ;) ) hope he can get a podium or even a win this season.

Enough of these "pedally" courses!!!! Bring back the technical races like Champery and Schladming!!!!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Enough of these "pedally" courses!!!! Bring back the technical races like Champery and Schladming!!!!
I agree completely. I'm fine with one or two pedally courses, but that needs to be offset with scary courses like Val di Sole, not bike parks like Leogang.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I agree completely. I'm fine with one or two pedally courses, but that needs to be offset with scary courses like Val di Sole, not bike parks like Leogang.
How is the bike industry going to promote 27.5 and 29er DH bikes if they keep getting wrecked on steep scary DH courses like Val di Sole and Vallnord?
Seriously, the courses are pretty tame this year, Hafjell is looks like the only one with sections that I wouldn't want to ride.

Back on topic, the only thing that made Cairns interesting was the downpour that turned everything into mud & slime. Also pretty cool how Steve Peat got a redo of his run because of the accident & stoppage, went from a terrible run to 7th.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I feel very sorry for the guy who crashed Brayton's bike, turns out he was local racer and he's broken two vertebrae in the accident. Dumb to ride without any gear on, but that's an awful lot of pain for just trying to help.

Seriously, the courses are pretty tame this year, Hafjell is looks like the only one with sections that I wouldn't want to ride.
Fort William wants a word with you.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I would assume a 27.5 Specialized Demo. The last two races Gwin has been on a prototype 27.5 Enduro EVO.
Presumably it's all new Demo that isn't afflicted by some Voodoo hex that compels it to hinder, demotivate or viciously maim any rider that dares swing a leg over it at a world cup.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Presumably it's all new Demo that isn't afflicted by some Voodoo hex that compels it to hinder, demotivate or viciously maim any rider that dares swing a leg over it at a world cup.
I think you're on to something here!... Adam Brayton's on a Demo too and he broke his leg... and look what happened to that spectator who got on it! (Hope he's okay though)

Hang on a minute... I ride a Demo too... bugger...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
All I can think about is mountain biking... Even when I'm not thinking about mountain biking, I'm thinking about mountain biking.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
look what happened to that spectator who got on it! (Hope he's okay though)
The guy who rode Brayton's bike is an Aussie racer called Ben McGowan, read a couple comments up, broken back.

Add Sam Hill's ripped out shoulder and Brendog's destroyed right leg to the Demo's pain list...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts