Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newby....warning....newby
I am currently running an 09 29er 4 which has a Caffine frame
Is it worth converting my frame over to a Lefty or should I just switch rigs all together?

·
Keep it Simple Stupid!!!
359 Posts
If you can sell your bike for a decent price

I'd get a new one with a Lefty. But I believe your frame is the Same as mine. Caffeine 2.
Putting a Lefty on is not a Bad Idea, I bought my 2009 closeout for $1410 but even I have Dumped a ton of Cash into it only 6 weeks later It's almost a different bike.

There's nothing wrong with Modding that bike. If you like the way it rides then go for it. Truth be told you will want to mod out the more expensive model anyway.

About the Lefty, Awsome fork, Feels like a Tripple crown 20mm Through axle but light. Only drawbacks are riding with no hands to the trail head, (you gotta lean to one side a bit becase the bike pulls.) And If you gotta take to wheel off a lot to put the Bike in a Trunk or something, It blows requires tools. Other than that I'd go for it becase your frame is mde for it.

Here mine stock and after 6 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
superyan333 said:
Newby....warning....newby
I am currently running an 09 29er 4 which has a Caffine frame
Is it worth converting my frame over to a Lefty or should I just switch rigs all together?
A 2009 F29 4 like yours just sold recently on eBay with a Lefty. Needless to say, the Lefty works great on the F29 frame (and looks totally killer on the black F29 4).

If you upgrade to a Lefty fork however, you will also need to get a Lefty wheelset, stem, steertube or the XC3 Si stem/steertube combo and probably new headset bearings and cups.

I've seen many of the stock, Jalco F29 Lefty wheelsets on eBay as new/takeoffs and the XC3 Si stem/steertubes are also easy to find (I bought one there for a song when I upgraded my Rush).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts