Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have an accurate weight for the a Caff.1 29er in large ? Sounds kinda like a drink order at Starbucks. I'm also looking for the US MSRP's for the 2009's. Any one have a link.
Thank you

·
Banned
25 Posts
they say 23.5 out of the box. this is not accurate. mine weighs 23.1 with hollowgram si cranks, x.0 shifters/derailleur, candy 4ti's, ec90 carbon bar, etc. it is more like 25lbs out of box with pedals. this will be remedied a bit when they start putting the OPI lefty lowers on the fork. mine came as a 08 lefty carbon sl. they said we can send the forks back and have the new lowers installed soon for a small price. maybe for no charge, who knows.

so far though, i am very very very happy with my f29 1. you should definitely buy it.

jg

·
Registered
54 Posts
grimes_joseph said:
they say 23.5 out of the box. this is not accurate. mine weighs 23.1 with hollowgram si cranks, x.0 shifters/derailleur, candy 4ti's, ec90 carbon bar, etc. it is more like 25lbs out of box with pedals. this will be remedied a bit when they start putting the OPI lefty lowers on the fork. mine came as a 08 lefty carbon sl. they said we can send the forks back and have the new lowers installed soon for a small price. maybe for no charge, who knows.

so far though, i am very very very happy with my f29 1. you should definitely buy it.

jg
The XL's have the OPI fork on them.................pity mines a large :madman: :madmax:

To be honest, I didn't even realise, till I built up a XL at work also, and noticed the difference.
Mines 23.7 with Next SL flat bars, , next seatpost, Speshy Phenom seat, , XTR shifters, and I put some weight back in with some proper pedals in XT's

·
Registered
29 Posts
im building my 07 caffine 29er SS. its going to be ridicilously awesome. monkey lite bars, race face cranks, nokon brakelines. it looks amazing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.