Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Nope, that dates back from when he was mainly a mountain biker... And pros get many bikes, they don't keep them all. Some end up in the sponsor's building 'museums', some pros will keep some bikes (especially if they won an important race on it) but they often sell don't keep them (top pros make money alright, some can barely pay for their expenses so the money they make by selling their old bikes help), sometimes they are given to be sold to make money for a good cause...

But, I wouldn't pay more for an ex-pro's bike then a normal one, after the 'uniqueness' and 'cool-factor' of having such a bike, it's a bike like if it was owned by a nobody so it doesn't sell on ebay like an original Picasso... I know, I have two ex-pro bikes. One is beat-up on the trainer, the other one is raced, no mercy, a bike not ridden is like a book not read or a musical instrument not played, it's sad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.