Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In our CAD class we got to choose whatever we wanted to make, so I decided to somewhat recreate my Hardrock's frame.

And here's just a pic of it sitting there

That was my first project so I really didn't know what I was doing, and the geometry of the bike is all wrong. But with a quick glance it kinda looks alright.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thats cool,

when you design something in CAD that has pivots can you simulate motion the along those pivots?

for example if you design a 4 link will it move along according to the pivots?

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
yes

plate said:
Thats cool,

when you design something in CAD that has pivots can you simulate motion the along those pivots?

for example if you design a 4 link will it move along according to the pivots?
it would have to be designed as multiple parts and then assembled. if you constrain it correctly it will move.

YR

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
which version of SW is that?

[in 2004 and 2005 you have a File Save As option to save the screen as a JPG so you don't have to do a screen capture.

after spending 8 hours a day on SW the last thing I want to do when i get home is work on SW some more! But, if i were back in college again I'd definatly be practicing on every bike part I could think of. I did some parts a while ago and was going to do some cranks but never got around to finishing them. All i did was a stem, bars and bar ends with all the necessary fasteners. i did some links of a chain but decided it was going to be way too much effort to assemble the thing into an actual chain so I just left it with a pair of links!

Now I just spend my days driving CAD for work but nothing as fun as designing bikes or bike parts.

YR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.