Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saturdays mean Cactus Bike group rides! This Saturday, 1/23, we will be leaving from the Ahwatukee shop at 48th street and Elliot at 9am for an awesome ride. THE ROUTE HAS CHANGED...Sorry, but thanks to Dirtgirl we can avoid the heinous hiker frenzy on the original route. This ride will be an easy one. Still leaving from the shop at 9am but we will just do Desert Classic out to the Heli Pad and back. Of course we will mix it up a little bit in the trail with some Secret, Warpaint, and other stuff of that nature to make the ride a little longer. We are not out to get a top lap time, just want to enjoy a beautiful day ridin with the homies. This ride is open to anyone of any skill level. We take our time at a regular pace and make stops for the standard BSing. So come kick it with some old friends and some new faces and enjoy a sweet ride with an awesome group of people! For updates and pictures of group rides become a fan of Cactus Bike on Facebook!

PS - I strongly reccommend a Los Taquitos burrito after the ride...for those of you who haven't eaten there the food is the BOMB and many of us will surely be hitting that up for some post ride refreshments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Dirtgirl, that would have SUCKED! Just gonna make this an easy one, Desert Classic out and back to the Helipad with some other trail mixups thrown in there. Still leaving at 9.

·
Banned
1,111 Posts
So DC @ 9

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Average Joe said:
Saturdays mean Cactus Bike group rides! This Saturday, 1/23, we will be leaving from the Ahwatukee shop at 48th street and Elliot at 9am for an awesome ride. THE ROUTE HAS CHANGED...Sorry, but thanks to Dirtgirl we can avoid the heinous hiker frenzy on the original route. This ride will be an easy one. Still leaving from the shop at 9am but we will just do Desert Classic out to the Heli Pad and back. Of course we will mix it up a little bit in the trail with some Secret, Warpaint, and other stuff of that nature to make the ride a little longer. We are not out to get a top lap time, just want to enjoy a beautiful day ridin with the homies. This ride is open to anyone of any skill level. We take our time at a regular pace and make stops for the standard BSing. So come kick it with some old friends and some new faces and enjoy a sweet ride with an awesome group of people! For updates and pictures of group rides become a fan of Cactus Bike on Facebook!

PS - I strongly reccommend a Los Taquitos burrito after the ride...for those of you who haven't eaten there the food is the BOMB and many of us will surely be hitting that up for some post ride refreshments
Many thanks for hosting the ride and also thanks for waiting for the old(er) guy.

And now a public service announcement: The Desert Classic is in really good condition even after the rains, at least on our route to the southwest of the Warner Elliot loop. Just a bit more sand and a few more rocks, with a few grooves on the steep entries to the washes that will wear down in a couple of das. The long way to the Helicopter pad is still rideable (with breaks for sucking wind.).

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got some pictures for you guys. If you want to see the album just become a fan of Cactus Bike and you can see all the pictures. I dont think you can tag yourselves in there, and I can only tag people that are friends in my personal profile, so if you want them tagged just friend joey raymond and ill tag you up. Enjoy.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts