Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I like butter
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the time is coming up fast for the next Cackalacky Cup. Dondo is making the trip once again to visit and is dragging Frank the Weler down with him. Rody said that he is going to drag Bill Grove down again and deliver EL's Groovy at the Cup as well(thats what EL told me Rody). Lots of good riding and fun to do for the weekend. If anyone has any questions please let me know. More info can also be found at www.firstflightbikes.com/crossroa.htm

·
Registered
114 Posts
Where be the Cackalacky?

Hey - how come there's been no coverage of the Cackalacky this year?? Always look forward to reading/seeing this event... maybe more so now that some Retrobikers form the UK are considering coming across with some quality British metal in 2009!

Mr K

·
I like butter
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Rumpfy said:
Can you elude to the new ideas?
Every year, we talk to the folks who attend and try to make it better. The vintage stuff is tough since there are just a handful of southeastern collectors which means everyone else has a long drive or has to fly in. The last 2 years, we have teamed up with a local promoter who runs the time trials for us. He put on a 9 day road criterium series this year which was just 2 weeks for Cackalacky which makes it hard to get him to focus. We have talked about changing dates and have talked to another guy who does more festival like events.

Once we get a strong local showing (doubled in size this year), we'll sneak in some vintage categories and maybe grow some local interest. One of our local drug store/wellness center guys is also getting behind the event and has some ideas as well.

If anyone has suggestiosn, fire away.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Any month but august would be better for me. August is full up with family stuff and back to school that makes me miss it every year. Late september or early october maybe, it would also usually be cooler then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.