Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried this in the Niner Forum, but got no response.

Due to their bend, Mary bars angle the cables forward out of the levers & shifters. For the rear derailleur, I generally try to run the cable around the front of the head tube so it doesn't have such a severe bend. But the cable stops on the JET9 are on the right side of the top tube. Going along the right side of the head tube into the stop creates an awkward bend and a lot of floppy cable. The first cable stop is so far forward, that I can't run the cable around the front of the head tube & get it in there without a bad bend. One thought would be to run full housing to the derailleur (or at least to the swing arm), zip tying the cable to the brake line before crossing over to the other side somehere around the upper linkage. Is anyone running Marys on their JET9? Anyone have a suggestion on cable routing? Running it 1x9 with Avid BB7's. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
JohnnieA said:
I tried this in the Niner Forum, but got no response.

Due to their bend, Mary bars angle the cables forward out of the levers & shifters. For the rear derailleur, I generally try to run the cable around the front of the head tube so it doesn't have such a severe bend. But the cable stops on the JET9 are on the right side of the top tube. Going along the right side of the head tube into the stop creates an awkward bend and a lot of floppy cable. The first cable stop is so far forward, that I can't run the cable around the front of the head tube & get it in there without a bad bend. One thought would be to run full housing to the derailleur (or at least to the swing arm), zip tying the cable to the brake line before crossing over to the other side somehere around the upper linkage. Is anyone running Marys on their JET9? Anyone have a suggestion on cable routing? Running it 1x9 with Avid BB7's. Thanks.
I use v-brake noodles at the levers. May need to modify the ends to fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a f-ing great idea! And I have plenty of those lying around. I like that way better than a hokey looking re-route w/ zip ties. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts