Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the girls came up with this idea that April is all about getting back to XC and we did a big ol C2C2C ride on National today. We started with six at 46th St and took Javalina to Mormon to Natty. Up at the saddle before Buena Vista we ran into Latedropbob and KTroopa and by the time the day was over these guys saved our ride!!! We hit em up with $5 and the request to buy and drop off H2O at the San Juan turn off on their way up to fetch their shuttle vehicle. Without that water refill we would have surely taking the roads/canals back after just C2C. You rock Brett and Bob..... we own you big time!! Thanks so much.

The ride was fairly uneventful except for being a rocking good time. Several flats haunted the guys and I had the only semi-major human mechanical of the day. On the backside of National in that super nasty DH scree slope, I took a face plant. OUCH!!! I felt my face hit a rock and then it was my chest. Before my wind was completely gone, I asked Carmen if my face was ok - she assured me it was and then all my breath left. Goodness, I HATE that feeling of having your wind knocked out and not being able to breathe for long, long seconds. When it was all over and I was breathing again and at the bottom of National, we had a better look inside my mouth and found that I ended up with a lacerated gum above one toofer. what the.....? I think my gum just split on impact without significant damage to my face. oh well... could have been lots worse so I am thankful.

Attachments

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Freudian slip or not? "We own you big time"....:devil:

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts

26+ miles, 5,500 ft of climbing, 4:23 ride time, 7:52 total time, 3 flat tires...whew that was a LONG ride!

Thanks LatedropBob for the water drop. It was a lifesaver for sure!

Adding Javelina to the C2C2C sure put an extra ZING in the ride too!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Great shots! Sorry I missed you out there today. I owed a morning to Michelle, Mason and Chongo. You ladies kick ass!!!

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Oh my! A split gum? Girl, I told you not to go and get yourself hurt! That scree slope is tricksy and it being really dry probably didn't help matters much for traction on that thing. Jeff said he's glad you're okay and didn't get hurt worse than you did . Oh yeah, he also said to "knock that falling down stuff off"...

As for the pics...awesome as usual. You chicklets rock it big time! Love the pic of L off that nice rock chunk. The park stewarts were lookin' quite smart in yellow. It definitely looked like all of you had a great time (um, except for the face planting session...).

Good going Latedropbob and KTroopa for the being the water supplier heroes. That was really cool of you both!

·
rooster of squids
34 Posts
not in the face...not in the face...

happy to help with the H2O situtation and glad everyone had a good day.

somewhat unfortunate side note: i was trying to write a more exciting post (for which i need quiet, unpestered time), but as soon as Jeannie saw i was on MTBR, she came into the computer room and started bothering me. first she started doing a terribly lame dance, repeating over and over, "do you like my dance? i just made it up," and busting some stale moves.

then she acted like a zombie (which i find unsettling) and lurched around the house while aiming dramatic bites in my general direction.

finally i got back to the computer room and locked the door, and she stuck her foot under the door and began singing: "you can see my toe under the door, you can see my toe under the door, my toe can see what your write-n', my toe can see what your write-n" :eek:ut:

so there you have it. kathleen, glad it was just a flesh wound.

brett

·
dirt debutaunte
169 Posts
I can neither confirm nor deny.....except for the zombie thing, that definitely happened.

Regardless, sorry about your smashed face! Ouch. No associated face bruises or anything? South Mountain has been extracting some nasty vengeance recently (for what perceived slight I am not yet aware). Hope the gum doesn't give you much trouble. Great pics.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
nice pics DG and Carmen, sorry to hear about the tooth. at least your talent for finding new and exciting ways to hurt yourself is still sharp :eek: those Park Stewards look like a gang! *cue Ice-T beats...*

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KTroopa said:
happy to help with the H2O situtation and glad everyone had a good day.
Again.... thanks!!

KTroopa said:
"do you like my dance? i just made it up," and busting some stale moves.

"you can see my toe under the door, you can see my toe under the door, my toe can see what your write-n', my toe can see what your write-n" :eek:ut:
That wife of yours is a kook and that's why we like her :yesnod:

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
su.ling~ said:
Oh my! A split gum? Girl, I told you not to go and get yourself hurt! That scree slope is tricksy and it being really dry probably didn't help matters much for traction on that thing. Jeff said he's glad you're okay and didn't get hurt worse than you did . Oh yeah, he also said to "knock that falling down stuff off"...

As for the pics...awesome as usual. You chicklets rock it big time! Love the pic of L off that nice rock chunk. The park stewarts were lookin' quite smart in yellow. It definitely looked like all of you had a great time (um, except for the face planting session...).

Good going Latedropbob and KTroopa for the being the water supplier heroes. That was really cool of you both!
Yea, I really like that pic of Lynnette lofting down one of the staircases under the towers. Good times indeed although I'm a bit sore this morning, the day after the abuse. Tell Jeff I'm cutting back... I only did one monster ride this weekend and I only fell once!! Now if only you would stop riding all that pavement and BCT on the weekends and come to my end of town for once.... I miss you both!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to hear about the face plant. I went down there several years ago and ended up with two broken front teeth, a big hunk of my lower lip hanging off and a hole clean through the bottom lip under the chunk. Should have seen the looks I got from the hikers coming up National as Scott and I rode back to the 46th St TH, blood all down my front and every time I took a drink the water and more blood would run out of the hole in my lip. Sweet ride!

Brett

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
Great pic of Kathleen on the Waterfall Carmen!

Very nice work Carmen. I didn't get any action shots since I forgot the camera and only had my phone but I did get these...

Crazy paraglider guys:

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
Carmen on the ridgeline west of the towers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts