Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here is the deal. every tuesday at 5:30 pm there is a shuttle that leaves from Bristol Brewing Co.(do not call bristol for info), 1647 s. Tejon st. in colorado springs. the shuttle drops you off at the top of gold camp road, in the parking lot. the route you take down is up to you.

the cost is $7 and includes a pint of bristols finest, when you get back. if you don't drink i'm sure we can find some one to choke it down.

these rides have been mostly xc oriented, for the after work crowd that wants to get in some fun riding up in the mountains. but what you ride is up to you.

once the snow melts a little higher up, i'm going to put together some more dh oriented shuttles. i'm thinking about trying saint mary's falls in a couple of weeks. these shuttles will probably leave a bit earlier(5pm) and cost a couple of extra dollars. if any one is interested let me know.

i'll be there next tuesday.

these shuttles are put together by Jason Pettit of Bike Rides. if you have any questions give him a call (719)330-0293 Jason also does guided tours and shuttles give him a call for pricing.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Sounds like fun Doug!!! Will the "dh" shuttle runs be something that I would have most fun on my AC or on my V10?

Should be pretty fricken sweet later in the summer when it's light out until about 9. :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
COmtbiker12 said:
Sounds like fun Doug!!! Will the "dh" shuttle runs be something that I would have most fun on my AC or on my V10?

Should be pretty fricken sweet later in the summer when it's light out until about 9. :D
you could ride either one, but the saint mary's shuttle will be all dh so you won't have to worry about pedaling. although there will be a couple miles of flatish road riding to get back to bristol.

<<<<<<-------------- Can I use my token?

i'm guessing you could talk Josh O. into it, he's a push over ;) tell him you've been saving it for 8 years, waiting for bristols special reserve.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
dwj said:
once the snow melts a little higher up, i'm going to put together some more dh oriented shuttles. i'm thinking about trying saint mary's falls in a couple of weeks. these shuttles will probably leave a bit earlier(5pm) and cost a couple of extra dollars. if any one is interested let me know.
I'm interested in some of the "higher up" shuttles once they start. Please make another post when they are going to start.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
should be a good turn out this week. some of the bbi students and teachers will be in attendance. jason has been droping us off at the top of high drive where captain jacks crosses over, so the climbing has been minimal and the fun plentiful.

if you want to pedal you can meet us at the top around 6:20pm

·
Registered
619 Posts
so let me get this straight....

you have to PEDAL back to town?? would the shuttle do an intermediate stop adn PU people from somewhere on the way it goes up?

just asking, please dont give me any major flack!!! :(

mike, lazy and not a big mtb-roadie, wildman

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
wildman said:
you have to PEDAL back to town?? would the shuttle do an intermediate stop adn PU people from somewhere on the way it goes up?

They shuttle you up there so you don't have to climb up, then you ride back to the brewery-all downhill really and only a few miles on the road.

dwj- when is the big shuttle starting?, I plan on doing a scouting mission of Jones this weekend so I will let you guys know the conditions-if you don't already know.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was up jones a week ago. Climbed up from buckhorn towards pipeline all clear until 7 bridges trail after which there were lots of 2-3' drifts. I took a right(uphill) on the the trail opposite the 7 bridges trail and rode another 500' elevation gain to a local highpoint before turning around without seeing any real snow.

I guess the point is that pipeline has alot of steep treed north facing hillside that it traversis, but I bet other routes down through jones are clear or real close to.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
KaiMana said:
I was up jones a week ago. Climbed up from buckhorn towards pipeline all clear until 7 bridges trail after which there were lots of 2-3' drifts. I took a right(uphill) on the the trail opposite the 7 bridges trail and rode another 500' elevation gain to a local highpoint before turning around without seeing any real snow.

I guess the point is that pipeline has alot of steep treed north facing hillside that it traversis, but I bet other routes down through jones are clear or real close to.
I'm hoping the warm temps melt some of the drifts, we will probably climb up gold camp and ride Jones all the way to 666 and then over to buckhorn.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
wildman said:

what rroeder said.

once the shuttle driver drops us off, his job is done. if you want a catered tour you will have to throw down a little more than seven dollars. and you probably won't get a quality beverage thrown in.

if you end up in the open space it's about three miles to bristol, gently downhill all the way.

although this week there is a big group coming from the bbi, so we are going to ride part of captain jacks to double down to high drive, then probably inteman trail to the trail that descends into red rock canyon. so they can end up at 31st and hwy 24. i will be riding the road from there back to bristol.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rroeder said:
I'm hoping the warm temps melt some of the drifts, we will probably climb up gold camp and ride Jones all the way to 666 and then over to buckhorn.
we tried to ride jones about this time last year. all the descents had about 2-3 feet of snow on them. the climbs where bone dry though. once we got to jones park proper it was snow free. if you guys have a go at it post something on the conditions.

·
Registered
619 Posts
got it....

i may be up for that one some time.

as far as ponying up some more dough, if you wanna get technical and mathematical :rolleyes: : if he picks me up some where along his way up, then he'd be making more money on me, since i wasnt on board from the beginning. $/mile goes up if the miles go down.

just being feces, i mean, fecitious, actually...

;)

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
KaiMana said:
When are you going? I might be interested in a nice big one like that, if its OK.
Maybe Fri, if not then the weekend. Your definitely welcome, hopefully there will be 3-4 of us. I will post here after we decide which day.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wildman said:
i may be up for that one some time.

as far as ponying up some more dough, if you wanna get technical and mathematical :rolleyes: : if he picks me up some where along his way up, then he'd be making more money on me, since i wasnt on board from the beginning. $/mile goes up if the miles go down.

just being feces, i mean, fecitious, actually...

;)
oh, i thought you wanted him to pick you up at the bottom and take you back to the brewery.

we had a good ride. although my wife went down on captain jacks and had to bail out early due to a big gash in her elbow. a couple of mini-celebs were in attendance, eric barr, Ground Up frame builder was there riding a wild fr hardtail. as well as billy "don't call me holmes" holmes, the Haro team mechanic and ex-xc pro turned gravity pro.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.