Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's a c-ride? i'm glad you asked. a c-ride is a relaxed, casual and social event of intermediate xc riders who ride non-technical trails at a slower pace. we take breaks to enjoy the scenery, chat, take pictures and catch our breaths. we also try to ride together as a group, not riding as fast as possible to conquer the trails. if that describes you, please come!

RTR time is 6am. the route will be a ccw out and back rather than a loop. that way we'll get more miles in, prolly 12-14 as the weather permits.

there's a $6 entrance free, but well worth it, as santan is a beautiful place to ride. see for yourself:

San Tan Park, Phoenix AZ from Reagan Matisse on Vimeo.

·
Black and Sticky
771 Posts
I'm in

Plus I think I may have talked one of my roadie friends Dave and wife Mandee into riding too. That makes 3 coming from N. Central Phoenix.

Bob

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Michele said:
I'd love to ride! That is a fun, easy trail that my Santa Cruz just eats up. I am looking forward to it!
look forward to meeting you michele. look for a white pickup with two white sultans on the back.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sorry. Can't be there. My wife made a vet appt for the dog Sat AM and now she has to work that day.
Have fun while I'm at the stinkin' vet with my schnauser.

That's my 'hood Kaboose, but I haven't ridden there in a few years. I'll see you there.

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bituman said:
Plus I think I may have talked one of my roadie friends Dave and wife Mandee into riding too. That makes 3 coming from N. Central Phoenix.

Bob
bob, i think your wife will do ok at santan. there are some deep gullies but have smooth transitions and the overall trails are not rocky like desert classic or t100.

also, rod is going to pick me up at 4:45am. this way you can head out to the park w/o stopping for me.

·
Black and Sticky
771 Posts
kaboose said:
bob, i think your wife will do ok at santan. there are some deep gullies but have smooth transitions and the overall trails are not rocky like desert classic or t100.

also, rod is going to pick me up at 4:45am. this way you can head out to the park w/o stopping for me.
OK thanks Sativa. Then I owe you and DOUMTB a ride somewhere in the future. Any idea drive time from, say Camelback and Central? And which trailhead at San Tan?

Looks like this is shaping up to be one of your famous epics. Great group!

Bob

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bituman said:
OK thanks Sativa. Then I owe you and DOUMTB a ride somewhere in the future. Any idea drive time from, say Camelback and Central? And which trailhead at San Tan?

Looks like this is shaping up to be one of your famous epics. Great group!

Bob
Hi Bob,

I think you could do it in 90min. with some time to spare.
I would take 7th st south to 10 east to the 202 east all the
way to university dr. exit freeway turn left to the east again
till you get to ellsworth road about a block and then turn right
to the south and continue on ellsworth all the way south to
Hunt hwy. then turn left east to Thompson Rd. turn right south
again to Phillips Rd to park entrance.

We will be parked at visitors center. Give me a call if you want if the directions
don't make sense.:D

The url for the trail map :
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/santan/

Rod

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bob and ross

here's the driving route i suggest. it's a bit more straight than rod's but both will get you to the park. i think the 202 takes you back north too much.

once on ellsworth drive all the way till it comes to a T. turn left, and at the next light go right. the park entrance is at the end of phillips road. we'll try to park near the flag pole.

Attachments

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
9-18 Fast said:
Do you know the route you guys are going to take? (what trails @ santan)
we'll go up little leaf to santan. we'll ride santan all the way past the south wash and come to where it starts to climb then we'll turn around and take moonlight home. maybe we'll take stargazer if it's not too warm by then. rod and i rode quite a bit of it but turned around cuz we had run out of water and didn't know how much further it was to the top. we thought it was great. have you ridden it?

btw, i couldn't help noticing your username "fast". i hope you read that this is a c-ride. we're s-l-o-w!:D :D

·
Dave
899 Posts
I want to race you Sativa++

Just kidding. I think Patti and I will show up too. 6 am whew thats early but thats what it takes these days to have some nice riding temps. I was out at 5 yesterday and it was warm by 7. Here comes the :madmax: heat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.