Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BZ - ran into Mike Vitti at the IMBA summit last week. Pretty impressive that he built the first trails in NYC. We chatted and I mentioned your handle and he recognized it - said he road a couple times with you on some big group rides. He also mentioned you were one of the few who could actually walk the talk when it came to skills - pretty nice kudos.

Attachments

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Roy said:
BZ - ran into Mike Vitti at the IMBA summit last week. Pretty impressive that he built the first trails in NYC. We chatted and I mentioned your handle and he recognized it - said he road a couple times with you on some big group rides. He also mentioned you were one of the few who could actually walk the talk when it came to skills
Bwahhahah He musta met a Zilla impersonator... (the trails are full of guys who look like me:rolleyes: ) ... everyone who knows me knows I can't ride worth spit.
Shout to CLIMB and crew. You guys always bring the stoke... Speaking of stoke I've been jonsing for a rip through Rocky Point I'll be sure to post up on vision when I decide to head out that way.

Tnx for the props. Hope to run into Mike and you sometime this summer! Another week and I should be off the DL:thumbsup:

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
sorry pal. been so caught up in my own selfish stuff i never noticed if ya said anything. these 120 hour weeks are gettin to me. sorry ya got hammered and im really glad yer feelin better.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Naw. I never mentioned it. Hell I could barely walk for a week. Did the same thing last year. Comes from over doing it or when I raise my bars too much too soon. In this case I did both.

120hr weeks? Aren't you jobless? Your new venture already kickin' it?

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
been there. not sure much sucks worse than a killed back. not so much the incerdible pain but the total lack of bein able to move or not move. i fell ya pal.

im workin on it. oh man am i workin on it. hence the long hours buildin these curs-ed spreadsheets, writin letters and makin calls to everyone and their brother. id be nowhere if it wernt for the help of the homers. thats not a overstatement either.

·
what...?
695 Posts
BZ - don't waste your time at RP. Just get a road bike and do endless laps. that's what RP has become.
We have a new trail in East Setauket that will roast you! Starts out with a nice warm up then WAM! the hills hit you. One after another after another. Then when youi finish the main loop, there's another 5 miles of hills on the other side.
This is where us flatlanders go for a real workout.....plus tons of parking and good food right nearby. plus it's 3/4 hour closer.
so let us know when you and the others will be down state!
jeff

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Hey Jeff. Yeah I know RP is smooth and flat. But it's fast tight and twisty! With Blue Mt in my backyard, it's nice to get away form the spirit crushing climbs and spend some time in the lower half of my cassette. Last time out we hooked up with Augie and it was such a whoo-whoop rocket ride I was grinning all the way home.

Seatauket does sounds interesting ...it'll be nice to have a climb after a warm-up for a change...all my local loops to start with a death-march.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.