Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Cannondale Jekyll. It came with the Lefty Jake fork with 105mm of travel. Well I've been starting to want a little more travel for my riding (120-130.. maybe 140) because this shock is pretty rough over stuff and the Jake is beginning to make less and less sense since I can't add travel to it. Well I've been thinking about getting a Recon or Tora. Now how would this make the bike? Would I be able to sell my lefty? And for how much? My final question that may mix things up is what if I went 650b in the front. Would this give the similar feeling of "travel" it would be cheeper but would I get that plushness that I want? Any help would be great. Thanks, Preston

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've just switched from my 130mm Pace RC41's to some 140mm Rocksshoxx Revelations on my '04 Jekyll 600. It originally came with a 120mm manitou black and I've raised the stem height right up to echo the position of my Rocky Mountains to give me a nice high front end. I'm using an FSA ZR orbit 1.5 to 1 1/8" internal reducer headset to keep the front end low and it rides great.

I think a fork upgrade alone will give you want you want - the difference between an 03 and '10 fork will be night and day.

Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.