Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
----woof----
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the same problems I'm having as my 1FG EBB? I can never get it tight enough to retain proper chain tension. It gets bad enough that the EBB has actually pulled out of the BB shell at least 3-4 mm and it's a pain because the adjusting screw is on the drive side making access limited, so it can only be tightened with a ball-end allen wrench.

Is it possible to flip the EBB around so that the adjusting screw will work from the non-drive side, making access easier? Also it still creaks under load even after 2 trips back to my LBS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've never had a problem with my c-dale eccentric, so I can't be of much help there... however I did flip mine around to the non-drive side, and it works just fine, the only thing to keep in mind is that the BB threads will be reversed! Later, humuhumuhumu

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
creak

1fgrider said:
Also it still creaks under load even after 2 trips back to my LBS.
My creaking issue turned out to be the chainring bolts. Take your ebb out, clean it & bb shell and lube it up with anti-seize instead of grease. Take off your chainring bolts and apply the anti-seize to the threads. That should help with the creaking, if not, move on to the pedal threads, crank bolts, etc.

I got the stuff at an auto parts store. It goes on like silver paint, so have a rag handy!

HW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.