Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
always licking the glass
3,037 Posts
Ahhh yeah, Outside buying up everything isn't it?
What else did they buy? Didn’t they have some financial issues of their own so they moved to an online subscription model?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I will be interested to see the throwdown between Pinkbike staff and BETA staff.... as long as I don't have to pay for it.
I suspect we'll see a lot more sponsored content. I'm sure we'll see more sponsored travel destination content too. Get ready for lots of "mountain bike capital of the world" tourists articles! Brought to you by walmart.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Outside magazine blows.
Yeah, there was a time when they put out legit content but that was a long time ago. PB will never be the same. Corporate giants don't buy into niche sports unless they see big money on the horizon. Outside will milk MTB media for all it's worth.

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...PB will never be the same...
And TrailForks? It already began the downward slide with the annual subscription fee but I suspect that was nothing compared to what is in store...

The annual subscription fee may become payable monthly. Among other things.

·
Disgruntled Peccary
2,222 Posts
And TrailForks? It already began the downward slide with the annual subscription fee but I suspect that was nothing compared to what is in store...

I don't mind the fee, my work has value and so does theirs. The fee was also pretty small. But I value good UX.

·
Registered
66 Posts

I hope they don't mess it up or start charging more. Trailforks is the best and the fee amount was fine, especially with the lifetime discount if you signed up in the first months. MTB Project is garbage as far as I'm concerned but this could be a good opportunity for them to make it better and gain more support?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Outside magazine blows.
Outside used to be pretty legit. Then its popularity exploded after the '96 Everest thing, and they decided to target image over substance.

The Outside article that for me summed up what the magazine had become was a review of parkas. Each parka was shown being worn by model looking Mofos over suit and ties. It was especially hilarious in the case of Patagucci when you know their motto is "Dedicated to the core."

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh well. It will be interesting to see who absorbs who in the pinkbike vs beta battle for existence. Pinkbike is doomed regardless due to the Wes Siler association, that man is poison.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts