Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first thing you'll see in the pictures is that I'm not a great photographer, but I hope you'll notice that these are things of beauty. The workmanship is first rate and they spin forever when you give them a little push on the stand. I took them out for their first ride and I noticed rght off how quiet the rear is. Most high end hubs that I have seen are
loud! Not these, they are almost completely silent. Quick engaging and light weight. The only thing I don't know is how well they will hold up, but they have a two year guarrentee so I'll see how they go.

Attachments

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
Sweeney said:
''what's the POE?''
Excuse my ignorance but all I can think of is Port Of Entry.
Waht do you mean?
Ha! Ports Of Entry is what I thought as I import lots of bike parts!

But I think he means Points Of Engagement - clicks in the ratchety thing. They're 6 pawls with 30 poes.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Nice Wheels. I have the same red hubs but with the DT Swiss 4.2 rims. I haven't built my bike yet, but will within the next week or so. Glad to hear such nice reviews of the wheels. I was a little concerned ordering them without too much info on them, however Mike T helped me see the light.

Mike - don't expect a thank you from me like the one you got over on the "sexy girl" thread.

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
bloodyknee said:
try this out.....
Oh yeah I remember that one! That was sent to me by an American fellow, no-no an English guy who was a real character, who lived in Sweden and he said that was his office secretary I think. He got her to send me a thank-you, probably for some Magura brake information. Hooocheemama! :rolleyes:

Bloodyknee, you either have an excellent memory or you're a whizz with the ol' search function! :D

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
How do the Pure compare to the Hope ProII?

Can anyone give me a comparison between the Pure XCR hubs and the Hope ProII? I've been eyeing a custom wheelset from CRC using ProII hubs, but just started looking at the BWW builds. I'd probably go with the same rim (DT 4.2 or 5.1, not sure which yet) for either build. I know the ProII is 24poe and the Pure is 30, but I'm not overly concerned about that small difference as I'm coming from 16 on my current hub.

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the BWW hubs laced to the DT 4.2's. As Mike T. and Sweeney noted they are perfectly true and spin forever. Mine are covered with aa racing Ralph in the front and a Small block eight in the rear. The wheels roll very fast and have held up to over 500 miles of aggressive XC under a 200+ lb rider (1.8/2.0 dt spokes). The hub gets a little louder as it breaks in but not much. I am very pleased with the wheel configuration and would highly recommend the BWW for your wheel build.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.