Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
mtb n00b
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a pic of my bike, 2000 Specialized Rockhopper. I'm looking to pic up a set of wheels and I'm looking for some insight.

I'm stuck between white rims/black spokes, white/white, black/white, or black/black. I've also considered doing a white/white or white/black up front and a black with matching spokes in the rear. My gf and I were thinking it may look good cuz it will balance it out since there's alot of black up front.

What do you guys think?? A photochop would be sweet if anyone wants to give it a shot lol

Thanks,
Frankie

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Holy 130mm fork Mr.Fig......Dial that down to about 90-100mm it will handle alot better! Id go with some kind of dual duty maybe [email protected] BWW and see if they have any WTB's what kind of riding are you doing on this rig?

·
mtb n00b
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ae111black said:
Holy 130mm fork Mr.Fig......Dial that down to about 90-100mm it will handle alot better! Id go with some kind of dual duty maybe [email protected] BWW and see if they have any WTB's what kind of riding are you doing on this rig?
lol I actually have to pick up my spacer from the bike shop tomorrow. I'm dialing it down to 100mm. I'm probably gonna get a set of Atomlab Pimplites. I ride rough XC with some drops and other stuff thrown in, and I'm 260 lbs so I want a tough wheel and it has to be rim brake compatible.

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Frankie Figs said:
lol I actually have to pick up my spacer from the bike shop tomorrow. I'm dialing it down to 100mm. I'm probably gonna get a set of Atomlab Pimplites. I ride rough XC with some drops and other stuff thrown in, and I'm 260 lbs so I want a tough wheel and it has to be rim brake compatible.
That's not a Uturn fork?

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Frankie Figs said:
Nope, its a Recon 351 130mm Solo Air.
Oh sweet! I have the same fork on my '05 rockhopper but only it's a Coil Uturn

·
mtb n00b
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ae111black said:
Oh sweet! I have the same fork on my '05 rockhopper but only it's a Coil Uturn
I had thought about the U-turn but I like the idea of an air fork so I can dial in the preload for my fat ass lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts