Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some good deals out there if you are patient....I'm trying my best to be patient while I look online for used bikes.

I found this one on Craigslist, but the bike is too far for me to visit in person...Has anyone bought a used bike this way, where you can only see pix and look up the specs of the bike.

I saw a 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp going for $595 w/ shipping free. It retailed for $770 2 years ago. Decent deal?

If I buy a new bike, it will probably be the Hard Rock Sport Disc, which would cost me the same, if not more with tax.

bikepedia link

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?ItemID=15696&Type=bike

·
Banned
3,408 Posts
flashme18 said:
There are some good deals out there if you are patient....I'm trying my best to be patient while I look online for used bikes.

I found this one on Craigslist, but the bike is too far for me to visit in person...Has anyone bought a used bike this way, where you can only see pix and look up the specs of the bike.

I saw a 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp going for $595 w/ shipping free. It retailed for $770 2 years ago. Decent deal?

If I buy a new bike, it will probably be the Hard Rock Sport Disc, which would cost me the same, if not more with tax.

bikepedia link

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?ItemID=15696&Type=bike
Anything on CL,I would prefer it to be near me so I can see it. If he decides to take your money and disappear, then you're without a used or new bike.New bikes have advantages IE: Warranty,free tune up,at least one,sometimes more,and you start building a relationship with the LBS. You keep buyijg small things from him after you purchase the bike,he will more and likely give you a bit of a break on tax or percentage after he gets to know you. I say being your first bike, go new.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I bought used the beginning of this month. Hooked up with a guy from my buddy who contacted the seller via these message boards. I did drive about an hour to pick it up though. You could also save a bunch of money buying used, just get a great frame and replace components as you break em. I wouldn't recommend getting it shipped via a craigslist seller. CL is kinda shady unless you see the product first IMO. In saying that, I'm selling a like new Cannondale HT on CL because I went FS. I'm located in SD, so check it out if you're nearby.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts