Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for your opinion on buying a used bike with a 11 speed shimano xtr m9050 di2 setup (1x setup).The group itself only has about 200kms on it.

I've read about the questionable ergonomics of the thumb shifter but beside that, any other things I should be weary of? The cassette and chains are actually cheaper than anything Sram Eagle, so thats good but am I missing something in terms of maintenance cost? Perhaps the battery is something that could be eventually replaced?

So reliability wise, how confident should I be with this system?

Thanks all for your comments and input!

Cheers!

LP

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The price is right and with less than 200kms on the groupset, its basically new at this point. The only thing that bother me a little is being on the 11-speed groupset while the 12 speed is out, fearing that parts becomes hard to get such as junction box or battery.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
It's a solid and pretty much trouble free system.
I have had that set up since it came out( 2015 I think?)....there were a few burps with updates....but that was years ago.

Shimano has a pretty good history of keeping parts available ( although not always )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.