Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first post--whoo
alright, so I'm planning on buying my boyfriend some wheels for his birthday. He has a gary fisher hifi and he's mentioned several times that he would like to get some mavic crossrides so I thought I'd suprise him and get him a set.
Here's the problem, he has disk brakes and he said he would like the silver wheels rather than the black since his bike is silver. However, the crossride discs come in black only buy they now have the disc/ub wheels in silver. They are a bit cheaper and 50 grams heavier. My question is, which one would you rather buy/have? Would the ub optional wheels look dorky if he has disc brakes. I dunno. Please help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
imo, if he has a problem with black parts on a silver bike, he's far too picky. besides one color all around gets boring. functionality over form!

and if he knows they're from you, he should love them regardless.

·
Registered
467 Posts
How bout the Easton wheels on sale at Jensonusa
Both sets are nice depending on the use (I cant help with color on those)

or better yet if color matters -give Chris a call at Bicycle Wheel Warehouse
he has a new white rim Pure XCR that is on special laced to an XT hub for just over 200 bones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.