Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I found S-WORKS Enduro (2013) that is in really great condition according to photos. Owner has 2014 s-works and selling the 2013 one. What should I be on on the lookout for when I go to inspect it? My main concern is the carbon frame. My one and only worry is that it is hard to know or find out whether the carbon frame has a crack.

Owner says he got the frame replacement from Spesh (warranty) because of paint issue around shock mount. New frame was only ridden for a couple of weeks because he got the 2014 S-WORKS in the meantime and now selling 2013 one.

Is second hand carbon never a good thing?? What should I look for when I go to inspect it??

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks you all!:confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Inspect said "paint issue" with a flashlight and run your fingernail gently across the affected area. If unsure - see if you can have a Specialized dealer inspect it themselves.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inspect said "paint issue" with a flashlight and run your fingernail gently across the affected area. If unsure - see if you can have a Specialized dealer inspect it themselves.
Thank you. He replaced his first frame because of the paint issue. This frame now doesn't have that.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts