Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying on ebay a used bike. I have A cannondale F6 I think it's a 2006. I'm happy with it for now, I don't need anything else, I am starting out and I am not an advanced rider for now. But my lil brother came with me to the trails and loved, which I'm happy about it, but I don't have another bike and we would have to take turns every time we go.

So I want to buy another bike, and since I'm buying another one, why not upgrading and getting a dual suspension? So I'll give the C'dale to my lil bro.

I found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Full-suspension...0029570?pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item3365ba2302

It has a couple of problems, but I figured If I can get it for under 200 bucks and maybe replace the forks and have it tuned and checked professionally I can maybe get a nice bike for under 400 bucks.

What do you think?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Thoughts in general

Keep checking your local Craigslist for a newer, used hardtail for $500.00 or so as the target price. You can not imagine how many people buy a mountain bike with the best of intentions, ride it a handful of times, and lose interest. They end up selling the bike on Craigslist at a fraction of the price they paid. You'll get a great bike for the price this way, and you'll be able to test ride it.

As for the two bikes you mention in the posts, I'd pass on the Warp. Great beginners bike, but it's heavy, and you'll pour more cash into upgrades than it will be worth. This is coming from someone who bought a Warp as their first bike. :thumbsup: I have no experience with the I-Drive, and without knowing the price the seller is asking, it's hard to comment.

I hope this helps.

Bob

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Giant looks "ok", if you can get it cheap enough and fine a nice deal on a decent fork on E-bay it would be an alright bike.

The GT dose look a lot better and $400 would probably be a fair price if the bike is in good shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.